Connecticut Trails Day events Saturday in southeastern Connecticut:
• East Lyme, 10 a.m. to noon: Oswegatchie Hills Nature Preserve, guided or self-guided hike, meet at Veterans Memorial Park off Pennsylvania Avenue.
• East Lyme, 10 to 11 a.m.: Camp Pattagansett, 2.5-mile nature walk; meet at camp's parking lot off Upper Pattagansett Road.
• Groton, 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.: Bike ride from Haley Farm State Park to Bluff Point State Park; meet on Haley Farm Lane.
• Groton, 10 a.m. to noon: Historic sheep farm and Fort Hill Brook educational walk; meet at 245-255 Hazelnut Hill Road. Registration recommended, email@example.com.
• Ledyard-Preston, 3 to 6 p.m.: Poquetanuck Cove paddle; bring own canoe or kayak, life preserver. Meet at end of Royal Oak Drive (off Arrowhead Drive), Ledyard. Register at (860) 464-8101.
• Lyme, 10:30 to 11:30 a.m.: Roaring Brook Preserve educational walk led by former state geologist Ralph Lewis; lunch available for $8 afterwards. Meet at 10:15 a.m. at Hadlyme Public Hall, 1 Dayhill Road. Register at (518) 253-4844.
• Lyme, 1:30 to 4:30 p.m.: Mt. Archer Woods, River-to-Ridge trail system hike and invasive plant program; meet at 1:15 p.m. at Lyme Town Hall, 480 Hamburg Road.
• Lyme, 10 a.m. to noon: Nehantic State Forest/Nayantaquit Trail hike, 3.5 miles. Information on meeting place and registration at (860) 443-8010 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Montville, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Camp Oakdale, lower trail fitness walk; meet at small pavilion at camp, 75 Oxoboxo Dam Road. Register at (860) 437-7944, email@example.com.
• Mystic, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.: Denison Pequotsepos Nature Center/Avalonia Trail hike, meet at nature center, 109 Pequotsepos Road.
• Mystic, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Merritt Family Forest, meet on Fishtown Road, just south of Route 1.
• North Stonington, 1 to 3:30 p.m.: Fowler-Grindstone Preserve and Boulder Farm hike, meet at trail sign at Fowler Road and Grindstone Hill Road intersection.
• Salem, 10 a.m. to noon: Zemko Pond Wildlife Management Area educational walk, meet at parking area off Round Hill Road.
• Stonington, 7:30 a.m.: Sandy Point Nature Preserve paddle, talk by U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service interpreter on island; meet at state boat launch at Barn Island Wildlife Management Area, Palmer Neck Road. Bring own kayak, life preserver. Limited to 10 to 12 people. Register at (860) 464-8101.
• Voluntown, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.: Pachaug State Forest, trail maintenance project; volunteers meet at Green Falls Pond Campsite off Route 138. Register at (860) 388-6585 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information on these activities, along with a complete list of all 100-plus trails day hikes statewide, can be found at www.ctwoodlands.org/CT-TrailsDay2010.
SaxoConnect Ad Well
Kidsploration Quiz Contest