- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
East Lyme - Kiki Ryan finished with seven goals and Jill Bartlett five as the East Lyme High School girls' lacrosse team defeated South Windsor 18-4 Friday, outscoring South Windsor 12-1 in the second half.
Madison Cohen added two goals and Erin Fritz had two goals and four assists for East Lyme (14-2).
South Windsor is 4-8-1.
In other games:
• Kelsey Armstrong had four goals and an assist, leading Fitch past Norwich Free Academy 11-10 in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division. Brooke Startz had a goal and two assists while Jackie Kokomoor, Liz Nolan, Sarah Giblin, Chloe Taylor, Joanie Haling and Lindsey Merrow each had one goal for the Falcons (9-5, 6-2). Hannah Hinsch had four goals while Megan Gada, Hannah Long and Ellie Swanson each had two for NFA (6-9, 4-4).
• Montville improved to 17-2 overall Friday with an 8-2 win over Woodstock Academy. Joseph Brachas allowed one unearned run in six innings to earn his first varsity win. Brandon Haas had a two-run single in the first inning while Corey Wilcox and Jordan Volpe each had two hits for the Indians.
• James Annello went 4-for-4 with a two-run home run, three doubles and five RBI, lifting Waterford past Killingly 13-0. Jordan Hamler earned the win, allowing two hits in five innings, and also went 3-for-3 while Sam Strout had a single and double for the Lancers (15-3).
• Matt Przybysz went 3-for-4 with a RBI as Old Lyme defeated Norwich Tech 6-3. Jon Montesanto had two hits for the Wildcats (13-6). Tyler Miner had two doubles and a run scored for the Warriors (9-11).
• East Lyme's singles players continued to roll in a 7-0 victory over Montville. East Lyme is undefeated in singles this season, not having dropped a set. Against Montville, Joan Li, Sherry Yang, Caroline Costa and Pritti Vage won their singles matches for the Vikings (14-0). Shivani Dandekar and Puja Patel won their No. 2 doubles match 6-2, 2-6, 6-2. Montville is 0-11.
• Jillian Stevenson and Haley Riley won their singles matches in Norwich Free Academy's 4-3 loss to Killingly. Sarah Slocum and Courtney Majcher won at No. 1 doubles for the Wildcats (5-9).
• Waterford swept past Bacon Academy 7-0 in the ECC Medium Division, receiving singles wins from Dana Aing, Sashawat Kala, Matt Getty and Alan Luner. The Lancers improved to 14-1, 8-0. Bacon is 1-13, 0-7.
• Eric McGee, Ben Swinehart, Tim Hennessey and Kyle Barrett helped Lyman Memorial sweep singles and clinch a share of the ECC Small Division title with a 7-0 win over Griswold. Lyman is 12-5, 7-1.
• East Lyme remained unbeaten with a 7-0 win over Montville. Andy King, Suryansh Patel, Hrishi Somayaji and Nick Hotary won singles matches for East Lyme (13-0).
• NFA beat Killingly 4-3. Jacob Hench and Aaron Lord won singles matches for NFA (9-4).
• Chris Bovino and Peter Hoops shared medalist honors, shooting a 1-over 36 in Stonington's 7-0 win over Wheeler at Elmridge Golf Course. Sam Ognisty (38), Willie Blanchette (42) and Joel Nelson (44) also won their matches for the Bears (12-4).
• Chris Alfera was the medalist with a 39, leading Waterford past Killingly 5-2 at Great Brook Country Club. Mitch Miabito (46) also won his match for the Lancers (7-6).
• New London's Anthony Nealley shot a 46 to halve his No. 1 match in a 6.5-.5 loss to Tourtellotte at Great Neck Country Club. The Whalers fell to 0-12.
• Tyler Sceiblich was the medalist with a 39 in Bacon Academy's 7-0 win over Montville at Chanticlair Golf Course. Rhy Chalmers, Josh Harlcaher and Mark Ciccone all shot 47 for the Bobcats (5-9). The Indians fell to 5-8.
• Medalist Jack Ayers fired a 1-under 35, as Old Saybrook beat Coginchaug 159-166 in a Shoreline Conference match at Lyman Orchards Golf Course. James Kanizaj (40), Matt Cummons (41) and J.T. Giergerich (43) also helped the Rams (22-0, 7-0) remain undefeated.
Ayers shot a 2-over 37 Thursday, leading Old Saybrook past Valley Regional 152-184 at Fenwick Golf Club.
• Grasso Tech beat Hartford Classical 192-218 in a Constitution State Conference match on Thursday. Steve Robarge (39) and Rick Perez (46) were the top scorers for Grasso.
• Norwich Tech lost to Parish Hill in a CSC match, 187-191, Thursday. Brendan Liebal and Jeffrey Leone each shot a 44 for Norwich Tech (7-6, 7-6).