East Lyme - Alec Aquino had a goal and an assist as the East Lyme High School boys' soccer team held on to beat Old Lyme 2-1 Friday night.
East Lyme (1-0) opened the scoring four minutes into the game when Jeff Lemmon scored with Aquino assisting. Aquino's unassisted goal 10 minutes into the second half made it 2-0.
Rowan Hallahan got Old Lyme on the scoreboard with an unassisted goal with nine minutes left in the second half. Taran Prashanth made six saves for East Lyme and Spencer Saunders had five saves for Old Lyme (0-1-1.)
In other games:
• Stonington lost its opener, falling to Westerly 4-0. Jon Chiaradio had two goals for Westerly. Goalie Steven Zelepos made 15 saves for Stonington.
• Molly Crowley had three goals and an assist as Stonington defeated Fitch 7-0 in the ECC. Stonington, which had 29 shots, led 3-0 at halftime. Courtney Scherer, Celeste Courtney, Emily Cassata and Casey Williams added goals for the Bears (1-1). Emma Nolan made 21 saves for Fitch (0-2).
• Shylia Barnes had two goals and Hannah Long and Ellen Popinchalk each finished with one goal and one assist as Norwich Free Academy blanked Woodstock Academy 5-0. Maria Defosse added a goal and Ellie Swanson an assist for NFA (1-0).
• Karalyn Harlow and Julie Peay scored goals in Waterford's 2-0 win over Killingly. Mady LeBeau had an assist and goalie Becca Gregoire made five saves for the Lancers (1-1).
• Allison Clarke had two first-half goals and added an assist, helping Fitch hold on to beat Ledyard 5-3. Beth Wallace also scored for the Falcons (1-0) who took a 3-0 halftime lead.
Kelly Lamb scored two goals for Ledyard (0-1) to cut the deficit to 3-2, but Ledyard never took the lead. Carly Lloyd also scored for the Colonels.
Wallace converted a penalty kick and Christina Szczesny also scored for Fitch.
• Megan Holt's direct kick from 40 yards out early in the second half lifted East Lyme past Old Lyme 1-0. Goalie Allison Stoddard had seven saves for the Vikings (1-0). Old Lyme is 2-1.
• Ali Patterson and Ali Regan each scored a goal in the second half in St. Bernard's 2-1 win over Plainfield in the ECC Small Division. Gretchen Greene and Mackenzie Nagy each had an assist and goalie Alex Santiago made six saves for the Saints (1-1, 1-0).
• Norwich Tech rallied past Montville 24-26, 21-25, 25-19, 25-21 and 15-10. Bailey Spellman had 28 assists, four kills and eight aces and reached the 1,000 career assist mark while Morgan Deschamps had 26 digs and four kills and Kaitlyn Mitchell added 10 kills and four digs for the Warriors.
For Montville (0-2), Taylor Penman had six aces and 23 service points and Jessica Ware had 20 digs.
• East Lyme defeated Ledyard 14-25, 25-20, 25-13, 25-14. Kayla Fobian finished with 15 kills and seven digs while Jill Bartlett had 28 assists and four aces and Amanda Demaio added six digs for the Vikings (2-0). For Ledyard (1-1), Kylie Fustini had 14 kills while Michelle Klinikowski added nine kills and Brianna Riley had 24 assists.
• Ashley Adams had 10 kills while Lexi Foster added four blocks and Nikki Schoolcraft had 13 assists, leading Fitch past Waterford 25-19, 25-21 and 25-21. The Falcons are 2-0. Amanda Tourjee had 18 assists, Jill Fal added seven kills and Lexi Moger four blocks for Waterford (0-1).
• Old Lyme beat Hyde-New Haven 3-0 in a Shoreline Conference match. The Wildcats won 25-8, 25-12, 25-15. Lauren Romeo had six aces and 20 points for Old Lyme.
H.S. girls' swimming
• Hanna Suarez won the diving event with 168.25 points and Ugne Kirvelevicius took first in the 100 breaststroke in East Lyme's 93-83 loss to Daniel Hand. The 400 freestyle relay team of Emma Magna, Rachel Mauthe, Hanna Pelletier and Melinda Wei also placed first (4:12.93) for East Lyme (1-1).
College cross country
• The Mitchell College men's and women's cross country teams hosted Albertus Magnus College and Post University at the 2012 Mitchell Invitational at Stenger Farm Park.
Mitchell junior Drew Castagna of Westerly was the top finisher in the men's race, covering the 6,760-meter course in a time of 25:47.7. The Mariners took second overall.
In the women's race, Mitchell beat Albertus Magnus. Freshman Sheila Newcity of Stonington led the way for Mitchell, taking third in 20:52.4.
• Carly Paterson and Alexa Litwak won single matches in Mitchell College's 7-2 loss at Albertus Magnus.