- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Norwich - Norwich Free Academy rallied from a 2-1 deficit to pull out a 3-2 volleyball victory over Plainfield on Wednesday.
Game scores were 15-25, 25-20, 21-25, 27-25 and 15-9.
Alyssa Velles led the Wildcats (3-0) with 13 kills while Carly Hust added 20 assists and Olivia Lane five blocks.
Plainfield is 2-1.
In other games:
• Montville swept Grasso Tech in a nonleague match, winning 25-11, 25-18 and 25-17. Stephanie Jaskiewicz had four digs and Taylor Penman had five aces for Montville (1-3). Catrina Nowakowski had five kills for Grasso (2-2).
• Devin Perez (8 kills) and Morgan Lloyd (4 kills) led East Lyme to a 25-11, 25-9, 25-8 victory over Waterford. The Vikings are 3-1. Amanda Tourjee had nine assists for Waterford (0-3).
• Fitch swept Griswold, winning 25-10, 25-18 and 25-21. Nikki Schoolcraft had 12 service points and eight assists, Ashley Adams had seven kills and Ebony Bell had nine service points the Falcons (3-0).
• Bailey Spellman had 22 assists, five kills and seven aces as she led Norwich Tech to a 25-8, 25-21, 25-19 win over Hartford Classical in a Constitution State Conference East Division game. Kianna Relliford had seven kills and Kaitlyn Mitchell had four kills for Norwich Tech (3-1, 2-0).
• Ledyard was swept by Woodstock Academy in a nonleague match, losing 25-13, 25-2 and 25-12. Michelle Klinikowski had eight kills, Kylie Fustini had six kills and Brianna Riley had seven assists for Ledyard (2-2).
• Old Lyme was swept by East Hampton, losing the Shoreline Conference match 25-19, 26-24, 25-22. Paige Palenski had eight assists and five aces and Amanda Burke had four kills for Old Lyme.
H.S. field hockey
• Kiara Rainey scored a pair of goals to lead Killingly to a 3-2 win over NFA in the Eastern Connecticut Conference. Hannah Long and Shylia Barnes eached scored a goal for NFA (1-1, 1-1) and goalie Becca Arpin made 11 saves.
• Elizabeth Reiser scored in the second half, but Williams School fell short against Hamden Hall 2-1. Goalie Kailah Waheed made nine saves for the Blues (0-3).
• Molly Crowley scored three goals and Libby Morrison added two, lifting Stonington past Windham, 10-0, in the ECC. Sam Shroyer, Meagan Dreher, Steph Stearns, Casey Williams and Hannah Talbot each had one goal for the Bears (2-1, 2-0). Goalie Annie Kinzeski had one save.
• Kailey Marcaurele scored the game winning goal with 2:06 left in sudden death overtime, as East Lyme beat Morgan, 2-1. Samantha Horner set up Paige Schneider for East Lyme's first goal in the first half and Morgan tied the game with 30 seconds remaining. Goalie Sarah Bond had seven saves for the Vikings (2-2).
• Michael Berthiaume scored on a penalty kick in the second half to lead Mitchell College to a 1-0 win over Western Connecticut State. Bethiaume's goal came at 56:30.
Chad Harshbarger made six saves for Mitchell (2-2), which was outshot 23-9.
WCSU is 1-4-1.
• Mamadou Doudou Diouf scored both goals to lead UConn past Boston College 2-0 at Morrone Stadium.
The Huskies (6-0-1) begin Big East play on Saturday night against rival St. John's in a game that has already sold out in advance. Diouf scored from the top of the penalty area in the 11th minute and converted a penalty kick in the 74th minute. BC is 2-3-1.
• Will Leffler made 13 saves in Coast Guard Academy's 2-0 loss to Curry College. Devin Sadlers and Nicholas Lawless scored goals.
• Connecticut College swept Wesleyan in a New England Small College Athletic Conference match, winning 30-28, 25-14 and 25-21. Rachel Schroff had 11 kills, four aces and eight digs and Katie Ketcham had 34 assists for Conn (7-1).