- Make A Difference
- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
• Mitchell College sophomore Jennifer Schmidt was named New England Collegiate Conference Player of the Week in women's tennis on Monday. Schmidt went 3-1 in combined singles and doubles to help the Mariners defeat Newbury (5-4) and Lesley (7-2).
• Mitchell freshman Amanda Garcia was named NECC Rookie of the Week in volleyball for the secnod time this season. Garcia averaged 1.75 kills and 1.12 blocks per set last week for the Mariners. She had seven kills and six total blocks against Emmanuel College and added seven kills and three blocks against Albertus Magnus College.
• Coast Guard Academy sophomore goalkeeper Richie Burns was named New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference Defensive Player of the Week in men's soccer. Burns recorded a shutout in a 2-0 win over WPI in his only game. He made four saves including an outstanding save midway through the first half to keep the game scoreless. For the season, Burns is 4-1 with two shutouts and a 0.58 goals against average.
• UConn's Chloe Hunnable was named Big East Offensive Player of the Week in field hockey. Hunnable had two goals and two assists in a pair of wins by the No. 5 Huskies, who are 9-0 this season.
• UConn's Carlos Alvarez was named Big East Offensive Player of the Week in men's soccer. A returning All-American, Alvarez had an assist in the No. 2 Huskies' 2-0 win over Boston College and followed with two goals and an assist in a 3-0 victory over No. 13 St. John's. UConn is 7-0-1.
- Day Staff Reports