- 2016 Elections
- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Cheshire - Chris Ivimey finished fourth in 18 minutes, 56 seconds over a 3.1-mile course to lead The Williams School boys' cross country team to victory in the 10-team O'Connell Invitational on Saturday at Cheshire Academy.
Ben Lahm was eighth (19:15), Nathaniel Ryan ninth (19:17) and Adam Verhoeff 10th (19:18), followed by Justin Shafner 17th (19:39).
Maddie Lahm finished fourth for Williams in the girls' race in 22:29.
• Justin Audoin scored twice as Wheeler beat St. Bernard 3-1 in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Small Division. Mark Durham scored for Wheeler (5-1, 3-0) and Jacob Sylvestre had eight saves. Victor Dai scored for the Saints (0-6-1, 0-3-1) and Kevin Kersay had 12 saves.
• Cody Poirier scored twice for NFA in a 5-2 victory over East Lyme in the ECC Large Division. Kevin Lindell, Austin Lee and Santiago Manrique also had goals for the Wildcats (3-1, 3-1), who broke through at the 20-minute mark and led 3-0 at halftime. Jeff Lemmon and Gonsalo Milan had goals for East Lyme (2-3-2, 0-3-1).
• Jeff Tryon scored four goals, including the first three of the night, as Montville rolled to a 6-0 victory over Lyman Memorial. Tryon also had an assist for the Indians (6-0) while Connor Leeman added a goal and two assists and Nick Strecker had a goal and one assist.
• Ben Dameron had two goals and an assist as Williams School scored five goals in the first half and cruised to a 6-2 victory over Falmouth Academy. Parker Douglas and Juan Perez also scored two goals apiece for the Blues (2-6).
• Amanda Thomas scored 10 minutes into the game on an assist from Megan Sartor and gave Stonington its 1-0 win over Windham to remain unbeaten in the ECC Medium. Gabi Hoops had six saves for Stonington (7-1, 3-0).
• Mackenzie Nagy scored two goals for St. Bernard in a 4-0 victory over Wheeler in the ECC Small Division. Courtney Rose and Marissa Fratoni also scored for the Saints (4-1-2, 4-0-1). Wheeler is 2-4-1, 1-2-1.
• Sloane Sweitzer scored twice for Old Lyme in a 3-1 victory over Cromwell. Lexi Sibley also scored and Meredith Britton made six saves for the Wildcats (4-1), who led 3-0 at halftime.
• Aubrey Coutu scored on an assist from Corrie Hoyt as Lyman Memorial beat Montville 1-0 in the ECC Medium. Meghan Autencio had 10 saves for Montville (3-3, 1-3).
• Emily Hamilton scored five goals while Cassidy Taylor added a goal and three assists to lead Williams to a 9-0 win over Hyde of Woodstock. The Blues are 1-1-3.
• Claudia Leuze scored a pair of goals as Williams School defeated Cheshire Academy 4-2. Carrie Meneo and Victoria Ferrigno also scored for the Blues (2-3), who held a 36-5 edge in shots.
• Libby Morrison scored for Stonington, but it wasn't enough as it was edged by unbeaten Avon 2-1. Avon is 5-0. Annie Knizeski had 15 saves for Stonington (4-2).
• 35th Annual Jack O'Keefe Memorial Strides Road Race - Sunday, Oct. 7, 9 a.m.-2 p.m., Camp Harkness (includes 5K, 10K, 1-mile family fun run, walk and roll races). Fees: $20 per runner, $35 per family of four in advance ($25 and $40 on race day). Visit www.thearcnlc.org/strides.htm.
• Joe Lonardelli Age Group Cross Country Championship - Monday, Oct. 8, 11 a.m., Mohegan Park Center. Divisions: Ages 13-14 (1.6 miles), 11-12 (1.6), 9-10 (.8), 6-8 (.8). Contact: Norwich Rec Department, (860) 823-3791.