The flu season will arrive sooner than we think. Every year millions of Americans contract the flu and thousands of them die from its complications. Don’t be one of them.
The Madison Health Department and VNA Community Healthcare will sponsor three walk-in clinics at the Madison Town Campus at the following times and dates:
• Wednesday, October 10th, 2012 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Meeting Room A
• Wednesday, October 31st, 2012 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Meeting Room A
• Tuesday, November 27th, 2012 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Meeting Room A
VNA Community Healthcare also sponsors other flu clinics in and around Madison. The schedule is posted on their website www.connecticuthomecare.com or they can be reached at 458-4200. Additionally, flu vaccinations are often available from family physicians.
It is important to remember that vaccination is not a guarantee against contracting the flu. In light of this, it is important not to abandon the time-honored methods of controlling the spread of infectious diseases.
• Wash your hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer often, and always after sneezing or coughing
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, or cough/sneeze into your upper sleeve, not your hands
• Put used tissue in a waste basket
• Don’t share food or food utensils