- Make A Difference
- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Groton — Fitch High School rallied from a 2-0 halftime deficit to beat Norwich Free Academy 3-2 in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division girls' soccer game Wednesday.
Alyson Clarke, Montana Woods and Christina Szczesny each scored in the second half for the Falcons (3-2-2, 1-2-1). Beth Wallace added two assists and goalie Nicole Sexton had 10 saves.
Shania Homiski and Megan Gada scored for NFA (3-2-2, 1-1-2).
In other games:
• Waterford scored two goals in the final 12 minutes to beat Woodstock Academy 2-0 in the ECC Large Division. Hannah Scahill assisted on a goal by Melina Spanos in the 68th minute for the Lancers (5-0-2, 2-0-2) and then scored her own goal seven minutes later off an assist by Summer Wyatt.
• Jess Muller scored an unassisted goal in the first half to lift Wheeler past Killingly 1-0 in the ECC Small Division. Goalie Jess Morgan had 12 saves to earn the shutout for the Lions (4-4-1, 2-2-1).
• Olivia Delgrosso and Savannah Johnson scored for Ledyard as it beat Montville, 2-0, in the ECC Medium. Kelly Lamb had an assist for the Colonels (4-4, 3-2) and Austin Grabner had three saves. Meagan Autencio had six saves for the Indians (3-4, 1-4).
• Bianca Timpano scored her first goal of the season, but New London was beaten by Windham 4-1 in the ECC Medium Division. The Whalers are 1-7, 0-5.
• Marion Philippe made five saves to post her fourth straight shutout for Williams School in a 9-0 win over St. Andrew's School of Barrington, R.I. Emily Hamilton had two goals and two assists while Cassidy Taylor had three goals and two assists for the Blues (3-1-3).
• Goalie Tonia Johnson had 10 saves and reserve keeper Amber Maher added one in Grasso Tech's 7-0 loss to Putnam. The Eagles (2-6) were outshot 30-4.
• Aubrey Coutu and Nicole Monce each had a goal and an assist as Lyman Memorial beat Stonington 3-2 in the ECC Medium. Danielle Jacobs and Gabby Silvia scored for Stonington (8-2, 4-1) and Gabi Hoops had 11 saves. Also, Ali Cullen had an assist.
• George Logan scored two goals and added four assists while Travis Russell, Rowan Hallahan, Eric Behringer and Jabez Crook each had one goal in Old Lyme's 6-3 win over North Branford in the Shoreline Conference. The Wildcats are 4-2-1, 4-3-1.
• Alex Klimkoski scored as Cheney Tech edged Norwich Tech 1-0 in a Constitution State Conference game. Logan Hanes 12 saves for Norwich Tech (0-8).
• Matt Bulmer had a goal and an assist as Killingly beat Wheeler 2-1 in the ECC Small. Justin Audoin scored for Wheeler (5-2, 3-1).