- Make A Difference
- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Montville - Natalie McPhee scored in the 50th minute as the St. Bernard School edged Ledyard Monday, 1-0, in a interdivisional girls' soccer game.
Alex Santiago had four saves for the Saints (5-2-3).
Austin Graber had three saves for the Colonels (4-6).
In other games:
• Francine Jacque scored two goals while Bryanna Parks had a goal and an assist as as New London beat Derby 3-0 in a nonleague game. Mia Santana assisted on the goal by Parks for the Whalers (2-7) and goalie Shiann Rosado stopped six shots to earn the shutout.
• Jess Muller scored twice as Wheeler beat Putnam, 3-1. Raven Houck scored for the Lions (5-4-1) and Madison Porter assisted. Also, Jess Morgan had 14 saves.
• Steven Servidio and Matthew McElwee scored for Ledyard in its 2-0 win over St. Bernard. Jason Smith had four saves for Ledyard (7-2), which out shot the Saints, 29-5.
Kevin Kersay had 20 saves for St. Bernard (0-9-1).
• Old Lyme lost to Valley Regional, 4-0, in the Shoreline Conference.
Goalie Spencer Saunders had seven saves for the Wildcats (4-3-1, 4-3-1). Valley is 8-0-1, 8-0-1.
• Montville received goals from Connor Leeman (3), Jeff Tryon (2), Dan Pierce, Zach Foley and Connor Lewis in an 8-0 win over Griswold. Goalie Jake Sorenson made one save for the Indians (9-0).
• Arlene Martinez had 12 kills, three digs and an ace as New London beat Putnam 25-20, 25-20, 25-21 in a non-league match.
Lexus Childs Harris had four kills, three aces and a block for New London (2-6) and Shikiyah Brown added six kills and two blocks.