Published October 17. 2012 4:00AM
Montville - Kiely Smith scored off a corner kick with 10 minutes remaining to give St. Bernard School a 2-1 victory over Tourtellotte in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Small Division girls' soccer match Tuesday.
Smith went up in the air to head in a corner from Mackenzie Nagy and break a 1-1 tie. Nagy scored the Saints' first goal on a penalty kick.
Alex Santiago made one save in goal for St. Bernard (6-2-4, 5-0-2), which held a 14-3 edge in shots.
In other games:
• Lexi Sibley scored twice as Old Lyme beat Westbrook, 2-1, to remain unbeaten in the Shoreline Conference. Sloane Sweitzer had an assist for the Wildcats (9-1-1, 8-0-1).
• Danielle Jacobs and Sarah Thomas scored as Stonington beat Montville, 2-0, in the ECC Medium. Gabi Hoops had five saves for Stonington (9-4, 5-1). Meagan Autencio had 10 saves for the Indians (5-6, 3-5).
• Alyssa Samson scored on a breakaway with 12 minutes remaining to lift Ledyard past Windham, 1-0, in the ECC Medium Division. Kelly Lamb added an assist and goalie Austin Graber had three saves for the Colonels (6-6, 4-3).
• Norwich Free Academy spotted Bacon Academy a 2-0 halftime lead and wound up losing, 2-1, in the ECC Large Division. Megan Gada, assisted by Cassidy Marshall, scored in the 47th minute for the Wildcats (6-3-2, 2-2-2), while goalie Katherine Beasley mad four saves.
• Brittany Schaffer had three goals as Griswold beat Wheeler, 5-0, in the ECC Small. Jess Morgan had 12 saves for Wheeler (5-6-1, 2-4-1).
• Mary Roberts scored the game-winner late in the second half as Holy Family edged Grasso Tech, 4-3, in the CSC East. Naomi Munton had a goal and an assist for Grasso (2-9) and Kedy Rodriguez Miranda Murray. Also, Kylynn Washington assist and Tonia Johnson nine saves.
• East Lyme clinched the regular season title in the ECC with a 101-67 win over Ledyard. Rachel Mauthe won the 50 and 500 freestyles for the Vikings (10-1, 9-0) while Melissa Vaillancourt (200 free), Victoria Poole (100 butterfly), Meghan Volberg (100 backstroke) and Ireland Wilson (100 breaststroke) also won invidual events. Jessica Hespeler captured the 100 free and 200 IM for Ledyard (5-3, 6-3).
• Jessica Charron won the 200 IM (2:38.90) and was on a pair of winning relay teams (200 medley, 200 freestyle) as NFA beat Windham 97-76 in the ECC. The Wildcats (3-7, 3-6) also picked up individual wins from Chloe Marien (200 free), Kathryn Arronica (diving), Leah Gionet (100 butterfly) and Stephanie Lefevbre (500 free).
• Libby Morrison scored three goals while Molly Crowley added a goal and an assist in Stonington's 6-0 victory over Waterford in the ECC. Courtney Scherer and Casey Williams also scored goals for the Bears (9-3, 8-1), who outshot the Lancers 18-0. Becca Gregoire made 12 saves in goal for Waterford (5-4-1, 4-3-1).
• Hannah Long and Amanda Brenner scored as NFA beat Fitch, 2-0, in the ECC. Alexa Franchetti had an assist for NFA (7-3, 5-3). Emma Nolan had 13 saves for the Falcons (3-8, 2-6).
• Olivia Marlandola had 22 assists as Plainfield beat Norwich Tech 25-20, 25-20, 25-16. Bailey Spellman had 14 assists for Norwich Tech (12-3) and Kaitlyn Mitchell added six kills.