Login  /  Register  | 3 premium articles left before you must register.

Resident extinguishes Groton cooking fire

Published November 30. 2012 6:00PM   Updated November 30. 2012 6:29PM

Groton – No damage or injuries were reported after a small cooking fire at 71 George Ave. was quickly put out by a resident.

Groton City police Sgt. Jad Bickford said the 5:15 p.m. blaze was out by the time the fire department arrived. A resident used a fire extinguisher to put out food that began to burn on the stove, Bickford said.

News by Town

Most Recent Poll
The 'grinding' dance style has sparked controversy at East Lyme High School. Should this form of dancing be banned at school dances?
Yes, it's highly suggestive and inappropriate at a school function.
No, teens will be teens. A ban would just encourage them more.
What's grinding? The Charleston is the last dance I learned.
Number of votes: 1118

No current items found