- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Colchester - Keith Porter had 35 points and 12 rebounds to lead the New London High School boys' basketball team to a 75-64 win over Bacon Academy Tuesday night in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division game.
Collin Sawyer scored 18 for New London (1-1, 1-1).
In other games:
• Denzel Lancaster scored 17 points to help lead NFA to a 49-46 win over East Lyme in an ECC Large Division game. Ryan Lusk scored 13 for NFA (2-1, 1-1). Wade McNamara had 15 points and Anthony Carambot scored 12 for East Lyme (0-3, 0-2).
• Kensey Desir scored a game-high 20 points as Ledyard cruised past Montville, 84-35, in the ECC Medium Division. Darnay Gray added 17 points and Khary Childs 14 for the Colonels (3-0, 2-0), who led 42-16 at halftime. Buddy Dewaine scored eight points for the Indians (1-2, 0-2).
• Steve Robarge scored 18 points and had eight steals, leading Grasso Tech to a 62-31 win over Whitney Tech of Hamden in a Constitution State Conference game. J'Quan Monroe had 15 points and seven rebounds for Grasso (1-1).
• Stonington's Jackson Donahue scored 30 points, but the Bears lost to Windham 72-66 in an ECC Medium Division game. Willie Harris scored 10 for Stonington (2-1, 1-1). Julian Sanchez scored 32 and Kendall Marquez had 31 points, inculding the 1,000th of his career, for Windham.
• St. Thomas More lost to Wheeler School of Providence, 74-27. Reggie Gaunichaux had 10 points and five rebounds and Iroquoi Reels had eight points for T-More (1-5).
H.S. boys' swimming
• Collin Esquirol won two events, leading Ledyard-Stonington to a 105-65 nonleague win over Westerly. Esquirol won the 200 individual medley (2:20.37) and 100 backstroke (1:03.66). Alex Orf, John Moody, Matt Peluso and Mike Hughes also won events for Ledyard-Stonington (1-0).
• Gabe Levin had 16 points and 10 rebounds, leading St. Thomas More to a 72-54 win over Naval Prep. Duane Notice scored 18 points and Chris Walter had nine points and three assists for T-More (10-1).