- 2016 Elections
- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Windham - Mike Graff (126 pounds), Matt Jones (132) and Caile Johnson (152) all won by pin as Ledyard High School edged Windham Saturday, 39-36, in an Eastern Connecticut Conference interdivision wrestling match.
Ledyard (4-0) is ranked second in the Norwich Bulletin wrestling poll; the Whippets are fourth.
Devon MarcAurele (120) won by technical fall for Ledyard and Justin Timberlake (138) and Brandon Finney (145) both won by a decision. Also, Logan Stoiber (160) won by forfeit.
In other meets:
• Brentt Smith (120) and Justin Lindblom (145) each won all four of their respective matches for Waterford at the Law Duals in Milford. Waterford beat East Lyme, 48-24, in an ECC Large match and also downed Stratford (55-24). The Lancers lost to Farmington (64-10) and Law (39-35). Smith won two matches by pin and one by major decision for Waterford (2-4, 1-0 ECC Large). Lindblom won by pin, major decision and technical fall.
• Jordan Kenyon (160) won all four of his matches for Fitch at the Law Duals. Fitch beat Gilbert of Winsted (36-33) and Morgan of Clinton (36-30). It lost to Foran of Milford (57-10) and Masuk of Monroe (54-26). Kenyon won twice by pin and his other two matches by majority decision.
• Troy Stefanski scored five straight in the final 29 seconds of the game to give Wheeler its 50-48, come-from-behind win over Parish Hill of Chaplin.
Wheeler trailed, 48-45, with 29 seconds left. Stefanski made two free throws, followed by a jump hook in the lane for the go-ahead basket.
Stefanski added a free throw for the game's final points. He had 21 points and eight rebounds.
Jacob Raggon had 14 points for Wheeler (2-4) and T.J. Condon added five assists and two steals.
• Jackson Donahue scored 23 points, leading Stonington to a 58-55 win over Chariho in the consolation game of the Westerly Holiday Tournament. Donahue, who was selected to the all-tournament team, also had eight steals and seven assists. Jon Mathews had season-high totals in points (14) and rebounds (seven) for Stonington (3-3). Chariho missed a 3-pointer at the buzzer.
• Laura McCann and Tori Peterson both had 16 points as Haddam-Killingworth beat St. Bernard, 60-39. Kaitlyn Berkel and Casey Sullivan both scored 10 for the Saints (3-3).
College men's basketball
• Connecticut College lost to DePauw University, losing 79-45 in the Tampa Bay Shootout. The Camels (4-6) play Westminster (Pa.) in the consolation game today at 1 p.m. John Bullitt had nine points and four rebounds and Matt Vadas scored eight for Conn.
H.S. indoor track
• Lexus Gordon set a Fitch school record in the long jump (22 feet, 5½ inches) to place second at the Rhode Island Classic.
The 55 meter shuttle hurdles team of Luis Crisostomo, Tyler Latham, Randall Rissing and Andrew Perez finished second (33.05) for Fitch, while Marquis Guess, Eric Powers and Gordon teamed to place second in the high jump relay (16-6).
Johnny Diep (12-0) and Eric Powers (11-6) finished third and fourth, respectively, in the pole vault. Devin Lehman, Crisostomo, Rissing and Perez finished sixth in the sprint medley relay (3:53.11), Mustapha Noibi, Clifford Randolph, Rissing and Tyler Latham were sixth in the 4x200 (1:37.13), and Lake Wyld, Latham, Randolph and Lehman placed sixth in the 4x400 (3:44.91).