Published January 12. 2013 4:00AM
Ledyard — Thomas Whipple scored 23 points Friday and the Ledyard High School boys' basketball team remained unbeaten in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Medium Division with a 65-57 win over Windham.
Khary Childs scored 12 points and Darnay Gray added 10 for Ledyard (8-1, 3-0).
In other games:
• Jordan Hamler scored 19 points and Donny Craig scored 18 as Waterford won its third straight game 70-50 over Stonington in the ECC Medium Division. Dan Martin had 11 points for Waterford (6-3, 2-2). Chris Bovino had 16 points and Jackson Donahue had 14 for the Bears (6-4, 2-2).
• Wade McNamara scored 27 points as East Lyme defeated Plainfield 65-44. Dean Beebe had 16 points and eight rebounds for East Lyme (2-8).
• Robert Feliciano had 21 points and J'quan Monroe added 19 points as Grasso Tech beat Parish Hill, 80-51, in the Constitution State Conference. Bryan Cespedes had 12 points for Grasso (4-4) and Steve Robarge scored 11. Ryan Finnegan had 17 points for the Pirates (0-7).
• Brian Backhaus had 20 points to lead Fishers Island past Wheeler 61-45. Troy Stefanski had 16 points and eight rebounds for Wheeler (2-7).
• Connor Chicoski had 20 points as Bacon Academy beat St. Bernard 79-62. Aaron Lorenzo and Isaiah Stewart each scored 18 for Bacon. Remy Bonser had 18 points for St. Bernard (4-4) and Paul Pepas added 14 points. Also, Brian Harper had 12 points.
• K.J. Robinson scored seven points to lead Norwich Free Academy in its 46-29 loss to Hartford University. The Wildcats are 5-4.
• Tyriece Burke scored 10 points in Norwich Tech's 72-33 loss to Cheney Tech of Manchester. The Warriors are 0-6.
• Deanna McCarvell made five 3-pointers and scored 24 points to lead the New London to a 55-45 win over Lyman Memorial.
Lexus Childs-Harris scored 19 for New London (6-4).
• Amanda Roy scored 20 points and Taty LaFrance Boyce had 14 as Stonington defeated Waterford 63-44 in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Medoum Division. Mackensie Crowley had 11 points, Falecia Cabral had 10 and Margot Calmar had 11 rebounds for the Bears (7-5, 3-2). Kazi Walker had 13 points for Waterford (2-9, 2-3).
• Olivia DelGrosso had 24 points and seven steals as Ledyard defeated Windham 75-27 in the ECC Medium Division. Michelle Klinikowski had 12 points for Ledyard (10-2, 5-0) and Arianna Fustini had nine assists.
• East Lyme scored 42 points in the first half and defeated Plainfield 59-40. Jenna Schumacher had 19 points and 10 rebounds, Allison Stoddard had 11 points and 10 assists and Colleen Durkee had 12 points for East Lyme (9-2).
• Cassidy Bundy scored 28 points and had 20 rebounds and six blocks as Montville defeated Killingly 77-26 in the ECC Medium Division. Jamie Hill had 19 points for the Indians (9-2, 4-1).
• Taylor McLaughlin scored 16 points and moved within 26 points of 1,000 in her career as Bacon Academy defeated St. Bernard 60-28. Carlee Putnam scored 12 for Bacon (8-1). Casey Sullivan scored 16 for St. Bernard (5-5).
• Marion Philippe had 17 points, nine rebounds and six blocks as the Williams School outlasted Bancroft in overtime, 42-37. Kailah Waheed had 18 rebounds and seven blocks for the Blues (2-4) and Emily Hamilton had nine assists.
• Morgan Kuehnle had 13 points as Coginchaug of Durham downed Old Lyme, 42-32, in the Shoreline Conference. Hannah O'Brien had 12 points and 15 rebounds for the Wildcats (2-8) and Hannah Behringer had 10 points.