- Living Their Faith
- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
New Haven - George Logan's three-point play with eight seconds left lifted the Old Lyme boys' basketball team to a 39-38 win over Hyde of New Haven in a Shoreline Conference game Friday night.
Logan scored all of his 15 points in the second half, including all 10 of the Wildcats' points in the fourth quarter. He made a layup off the steal to tie the score at 38-38 and made the free throw to give Old Lyme, which trailed by 10 in the third quarter, the lead.
Andrew Tyrol had 11 points and Logan had 10 rebounds for Old Lyme (8-2, 8-1), which qualified for the Class S state tournament with the win.
In other games:
• Darnay Gray had 23 points and seven rebounds as Ledyard downed Stonington 80-54 in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Medium Division.
Ledyard pulled away in the second quarter by outscoring the Bears 19-8. Thomas Whipple had 12 points, six assists and five rebounds for the Colonels (11-1, 5-0) and Khary Childs added seven points and seven rebounds.
Jackson Donahue had 21 points for Stonington (7-5, 2-3) and Willie Harris scored 13.
• Five Waterford players scored in double figures as the Lancers beat Montville 78-40 in the ECC Medium Division.
Donny Craig led the way with 14 points, David Willox and Schneider Jean-Pierre had 13 points each, Jordan Hamler had 12 points and Danny Martin scored 11 for Waterford (7-4, 3-2).
Nick Clemons had 14 points and Dominic Walmsley scored 10 for Montville (4-7, 1-4).
• Remy Bonser had 24 points to lead St. Bernard past Wheeler 68-48 in the ECC Small. Phil Jenkins added 13 for the Saints (6-4, 5-0). Michael Dellaporta had 13 points for the Lions (2-9, 0-5) while Jacob Raggon and Troy Stefanski each added 12.
• Connor Chicoski had 21 points as Bacon Academy beat Fitch 74-51 in the ECC Large. Riley Pyzalski had 10 points for Fitch (2-9, 1-4).
• Kris Connell and Brad Harriot both had 14 points as Ellis Tech beat Norwich Tech, 63-45, in the Constitution State Conference East Division. Dan Paul had 15 points for Norwich Tech (1-7) and Steve Sieczkowski had 10.
• J'Quan Monroe had 22 points and 10 rebounds for Grasso Tech in its 69-59 loss to Cheney Tech in the CSC. Robert Feliciano had 15 points and 10 rebounds for Grasso and Steven Robarge added 13 points.
• Alyssa Velles scored 20 points as Norwich Free Academy downed New London, 58-38, in the ECC Large.
Cebria Outlow had nine points for NFA (11-3, 5-1) and Olivia Marks added eight. Lexus Childs-Harris had 23 points for the Whalers (7-5, 2-4) and Charee Osborne added seven.
• Kylie Fustini scored 22 points to help lead Ledyard to a 62-45 win over Stonington in the ECC Medium. Olivia DelGrosso added 17 points for Ledyard (12-2, 6-0), which won its seventh straight. Margot Calmar had 16 points and 17 rebounds and Falecia Cabral scored 11 for the Bears (7-7, 3-3).
• Brittany Walenta had 18 points, nine assists and seven rebounds as St. Bernard beat Wheeler, 52-17, in the ECC Small. Casey Sullivan had six 3-pointers and 20 points for the Saints (7-5, 4-1). The Lions are 4-9, 1-4.
• Taylor McLaughlin had 12 points, including the 1,000th in her career, with five steals and four assists as Bacon beat Fitch, 66-25, in the ECC Large. Bacon (10-1, 6-0) led 21-3 after the first quarter. Jaliya Griffin scored nine points the Falcons (3-11, 0-6).
• Connor Sulik had 11 points and two steals to lead Norwich Tech past Ellis Tech, 36-25, in a CSC East game. Tyra Wolchesky had nine points for Norwich Tech (2-11, 1-8) and Kianna Dailey added six rebounds. Taylor Blanchard and Veronica Galloway both scored eight for the Eagles.
• Colleen Cosker had 15 points to pace Cheney Tech of Manchester in its 44-27 win over Grasso Tech in the CSC. Serenity Kidd-Brewer had eight points for Grasso (1-12) and Keila Lastraglio scored seven.