- 2016 Elections
- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Stonington — Margot Calmar had 14 points and 13 rebounds and Falecia Cabral 11 points, seven rebounds, four assists and three blocked shots as the Stonington High School girls' basketball team topped Montville 49-41 in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Medium Division.
Montville led 26-19 at halftime before Stonington ouscored the Indians 21-2 in the third quarter to take the lead.
Amanda Roy added 10 points and three assists for Stonington (8-7, 4-3).
Jamie Hill had 11 points and Cassidy Bundy eight for Montville (11-5, 5-2), which is now two games behind first-place Ledyard in the Medium Division.
In other games:
• Taylor McLaughlin finished with 20 points and seven rebounds for Bacon Academy in a 42-36 victory over Norwich Free Academy in a matchup for first place in the ECC Large Division.
Alyssa Velles had 11 points for NFA (11-4, 5-2) and Olivia Lane had eight.
The Wildcats pulled within 39-36, but Velles was called for her fifth foul with 40 seconds remaining on a charge drawn by the Bobcats' Sarah Rogers.
McLaughlin and Carlee Putnam then combined to shoot 3-for-4 at foul line to close the game, with Bacon stealing the ball on the final three NFA possessions.
Bacon (13-1, 7-0) is the defending ECC Large champion and NFA is the defending league tournament champ. Bacon, with a two-game lead now over NFA and East Lyme, has won four straight division titles, three in the Medium and one in the Large.
• Tamia DeBarros had 12 points and nine rebounds to help lift New London past Woodstock Academy 51-41 in the ECC Large Division. Deanna McCarvell had 13 points and Lexus Childs-Harris 12 for New London (9-6, 3-4).
• Marion Philippe finished with 24 points, six rebounds, two blocks an assist and a steal as The Williams School topped Providence Country Day 48-31. Williams outscored PCD 30-9 in the second half. Kailah Waheed had eight points, 11 rebounds, three assists and six blocked shots for Williams (4-7) and Camisha Moore added eight points and four steals.
• Windham Tech outscored Norwich Tech 17-4 in the first quarter and went on to win the Constitution State Conference game 44-27. Saige Laquitara had 11 points and 10 rebounds and Tyra Wolchesky scored eight with five rebounds and three steals for Norwich Tech (2-13, 1-10).
• Jackson Donahue scored 28 points, including five 3-pointers, in Stonington's 82-63 victory over Montville in the ECC Medium Division. Stonington is 8-5, 3-3. Buddy Dewaine had 16 points, going 6-for-6 from the free throw line, and Greg Benjamin 13 for Montville (4-9, 1-5).
• Marcus Outlow scored 17 points for NFA in a 55-30 victory over Bacon Academy in the ECC Large Division. Denzel Lancaster added 12 points for NFA (7-5, 3-3), which led 18-11 at halftime.
• Jacob Raggon scored 18 points for Wheeler in a 60-46 loss to Plainfield in the ECC Small Division. Troy Stefanski added 16 for Wheeler (2-11, 0-6).
• Tim Hoch had 34 points and 10 rebounds as Fishers Island edged Rocky Hill (R.I.) 58-56. Jake Lusker had 15 points for Fishers Island (7-1). Rob Troy had 30 points for Rocky Hill.
• Iroquois Reels scored 15 points to help lead St. Thomas More to a 55-38 win over Falmouth Academy. The victory was the 100th for T-More coach Jonathan Hastings. Reggie Gaunichaux had 13 points for T-More (3-7).