Montville house fire damages deck
Montville - A fire this afternoon damaged a deck and melted the siding of a home at 9 Salt Box Lane in Montville.
Reported at 3:05 p.m., Fire Marshal Ray Occhialini said crews arrived to find a fire burning under a back deck. Firefighters used a dry chemical extinguisher and water to snuff the flames and prevent it from spreading.
No injuries were reported. Occhialini said he suspects the cause was accidental and possibly started by smoking materials.
Montville fire responded with mutual aid started from Oakdale and Mohegan departments. Town records show the home is owned by Curtis and Tanya Lutyen.
MOST VIEWED MEDIA