- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- 2015 In Review
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Business and Organization Updates
• Connex Credit Union has announced that Carl J. Casper has been named vice president of customer advocacy for the company.
• HomeServices of America, Inc. recently acquired Prudential Connecticut Realty, which serves all of Connecticut with more than 1,400 sales associates. Under the new structure, Prudential Connecticut Realty retains its name and remains a flagship franchisee of Prudential Real Estate's U.S. network. Chairman Peter Helie will continue as chairman and CEO, and Candace Adams will continue as president.
Awards, Grants, and Recognitions
• State Sen. Len Fasano recently presented an official citation from the state legislature to Rotary President Mike Hallahan, honoring the North Haven Rotary Club's 70th anniversary.
• The Quinnipiac Chamber came in first place in sales in both new members and in dollar value, winning the 2012/2013 American Chamber of Commerce Executives (ACCE) National Sales contest in their category. This highly regarded contest will culminate with an awards ceremony in Oklahoma City this month.
• Governor Dannel P. Malloy has announced that North Haven is one of the Connecticut towns that will receive a Small Town Economic Assistance Program (STEAP) award for infrastructure improvement projects. Grants are awarded to small towns across the state in part due to their impact on overall regional economic development. North Haven will receive $50,000 to design and construct a new playground at Montowese Elementary School.
• Easter Seals Goodwill Industries recently presented one of two Community Partnership Awards to the UConn Cooperative Extension System in North Haven.
• At a recent meeting of the North Haven Rotary Club, Cheryl Trzcinski, CEO of Master's Manna, Inc. described the ways in which her organization serves its clients, including 38 families in North Haven. After presenting the annual monetary contribution on behalf of the club, President Debbie Volain requested that the community consider donating the following items: hotel size toiletries; gently used seasonal clothing (especially, for men and male teens); any small appliance (e.g., coffee maker, microwave, mixer, toaster, crock pot, electric roaster, rice maker, etc.); towels, linens, bedspreads, and comforters; dishes and pots and pans. For further information, go to www.mastersmanna.org.