- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Election 2014
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Scores updated at the end of each quarter. Winner
New London — Two children were treated for minor smoke inhalation Tuesday following a stove fire on the second floor of a two-family home at 24 Garfield Ave.
Firefighters quickly snuffed out the grease fire and contained it to the area surrounding the stove without the use of water, according to Battalion Chief Tom Curcio. The apartment suffered some smoke damage.
Two children, ages 10 and 12, were coming out of the home when firefighters arrived. They were treated at the scene in a New London ambulance.
The local chapter of the American Red Cross is providing temporary housing and emergency supplies for the two adults and two children from the apartment where the fire occurred.
Police temporarily closed off a portion of Garfield Avenue.