Bruce Springsteen wraps tour at Mohegan Sun
Bruce Springteen is an American rock 'n' roll artist from New Jersey who has a backing group called the E Street Band. They have toured for many years and have released numerous and popular record albums.
Perhaps you know all of this. If so, you might know that Springsteen and the E Streeters will appear Saturday and Sunday in the Mohegan Sun Arena on the final two dates of their "High Hopes" tour.
Here are some bits of minutiae that will perhaps add to your appreciation of what will certainly be a three-hour show of greatness:
• Longtime guitarist Steve Van Zandt is on hiatus, filming his hilarious television show, "Lilyhammer," on site in Norway. Replacing him? Why, ex-Rage Against the Machine's Tom Morello.
• Springsteen et al have broken out over 40 different cover songs so far - and, no, not all on the same night.
• As always, the array of Springsteen's own catalog is vast and changes night to night. Only six tunes have been played on each night of the tour: "High Hopes," "Dancin' in the Dark," "Born in the U.S.A.," "Badlands," "Born to Run" and "Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out."
• I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on "Mary Queen of Arkansas," but ya never know.
• If your fave Springsteen album or song is "The Ghost of Tom Joad," chances are good Morello will share lead vocals.
• Oh, and don't forget: local dude Curt Ramm, an Old Saybrook resident, plays trumpet for the E Street Band.
- RICK KOSTER
Bruce Springsteen, 7:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, Mohegan Sun Arena; $98, $118; 1-888-664-3426.
MOST VIEWED MEDIA