Community Dining Room, 30 Harrison Avenue, Branford, CT
Yale-New Haven Hospital and Smilow Cancer Hospital will conduct mammography screenings for the community on Thursday, October 23, from 7:45am to 2:30pm at the Community Dining Room (CDR), 35 Harrison Avenue, Branford, CT. Each appointment takes 15 minutes. To schedule an appointment for your screening, please call Melissa Branch at the CDR 203.488.0447 no later than October 9.
The Yale-New Haven state-of-the-art Digital Mobile Mammography Van is a mobile unit that comes to businesses, corporations, senior centers, health care facilities, health fairs and other locations, to provide women with rapid diagnosis and access to the most up-to-date technology… and making it easier for women to obtain their annual screening exams. YNHH's expert mammography technologists deliver personal, friendly and confidential care to every woman.
How it Works
- Members of the community with private insurance, Medicare or Medicaid and who have a physician, are eligible for a mammogram. Simply bring your insurance card to your appointment.
- Members of the community with no insurance and who have a physician are eligible for a mammogram. Simply bring your doctor’s name and address to your appointment.
- NOTE: Members of the community with no insurance, who do not have a physician, can schedule a mammogram on another date by enrolling in the Breast and Cervical grant program at Yale. To register today, call 203-688-4562.
“The CDR is glad to host the Yale-New Haven Hospital Mammography Van,” said Patricia Kral, Executive Director of the CDR. “Data shows that the earlier cancer is detected, the better the chances that breast cancer treatment will be effective, so the goal is to find cancers before they begin to cause symptoms. Hosting the Mammography Van is just one part of the CDR’s ongoing commitment to health education and providing access to medical screenings, added Kral.”
Important Requirements for Mammography Van Patients
Participants must be 40 years’ old and not:
- Have any known breast problems or a history of breast cancer
- Be pregnant or nursed in the past six months
- Have had a normal mammogram performed within the last 12 months
- Have implants
Wear a two-piece outfit to your appointment
Do not wear body powder or underarm deodorant on the day of the exam
Bring a copy of any prior mammograms not obtained at Yale
About the Community Dining Room
Serving the Connecticut shoreline since 1985, the Community Dining Room (CDR) provides nutritious meals 365 days a year through a home delivery program, lunch in our dining room Sunday through Friday as well as each 2nd and 4th Saturday, Saturday morning family breakfast and Tuesday family dinner, and Wednesday Night Take Out dinner. In addition, the CDR offers community service opportunities for local youth and vocational training for the disabled. For more information about the CDR, visit their website at www.communitydiningroom.org.
CONTACT: Patricia Kral, Executive Director, The Community Dining Room
Phone Number 203 488-9750
Email Address email@example.com
Website URL www.communitydiningroom.org