- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Election 2014
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
• 7:15 a.m.-2:15 p.m., Old Saybrook High School, 1111 Boston Post Road, Old Saybrook; 7:15 a.m., breakfast, followed by a schoolwide assembly featuring student speakers; 9:30 a.m., veterans proceed to Old Saybrook Middle School for coffee; 10 a.m., fifth-grade presentation and musical concert featuring patriotic music; 11 a.m., townwide ceremony on the town green.
• 9:30 a.m., St. Mary's and St. Joseph's Cemetery, 815 Boswell Ave., Taftville; Cub Scout Pack 17 will be placing a wreath and holding a small ceremony at the flagpole in St. Joseph's cemetery.
• 10:30 a.m., town green, Niantic; held by the East Lyme Veterans Council. The guest speaker will be retired Air Force Col. Vito Adabo. In case of inclement weather, the program will be held at the American Legion Post, 16 York Ave.
• 11 a.m., Foxwoods Grand Ballroom; local veterans, high school bands; welcoming remarks by Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Council Chairman Rodney Butler.
• 11 a.m., U.S. Subvets WWII National Submarine Memorial East, intersection of Bridge and Thames streets, Groton; Memorial Service, including a Tolling of the Boats for all U.S. submarines on Eternal Patrol. The guest speaker will be retired Rear Adm. Arnold Lotring. In the event of inclement weather, the service will be held at the Groton Municipal Building on Meridian Street.
• 11 a.m., Fanning Park, Jewett City; guest speaker, Edward Banas.
• 11 a.m., war memorials in front of the Town Hall on Norwich-New London Turnpike (Route 32); followed by a luncheon at the VFW Post, 10060 on Raymond Hill Road.
• 11 a.m., Union Baptist Church, 119 High St., Mystic; held by the Mystic VFW at the WWI Monument; in case of inclement weather it will be held at the post home at 60 Stonington Road, Mystic.