- 2016 Elections
- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Montville - The two men accused of committing residential burglaries along the Interstate 95 corridor between New York and Rhode Island were brought back to Connecticut Thursday and charged with larceny.
Mark Missino, 43, of Waterford, and Bernard McAllister, 40, of Lisbon, had been held on fugitive-from-justice charges in Leominster, Mass., since Nov. 17. They are accused of a three-year string of burglaries during which police said they stole more than $1 million worth of items.
The two men were each charged with first-degree larceny. Missino was also charged with violation of probation. The two are slated to be arraigned today at New London Superior Court.
Missino was being held on a total of $300,000 bond ($50,000 for the violation of probation and $250,000 for the larceny), while McAllister was being held on $2.5 million bond. Different judges set the bonds.
The men are being held at the Corrigan-Radgowski Correctional Center in Montville.
State police Sgt. Wilfred Blanchette III, East Lyme's resident state trooper, said he expects the pair's bond will be similar after their arraignment.
More charges are expected. Stamford has warrants charging Missino and McAllister with two counts of second-degree burglary, two counts of conspiracy to commit second-degree burglary, two counts of first-degree larceny and two counts of conspiracy to commit first-degree larceny.
State and East Lyme police drove to Leominster Thursday to bring the men back to state police barracks in Montville.
East Lyme police found a storage unit full of stolen items in East Lyme on Nov. 13 and said that Missino and McAllister were walking out of the unit. The two men fled and were caught in Massachusetts four days later.