H.S. lacrosse: Waterford girls outlast Ledyard 12-11
Waterford — Montara Tomasetti scored five goals Tuesday and the Waterford High School girls' lacrosse team edged Ledyard 12-11 in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Small Division.
Julia Peay scored three goals and Allie Wiggins scored twice for the Lancers (2-3, 2-0).
Kerrie Gardner scored five goals for Ledyard (2-2, 2-1).
In other matches:
• Kiki Ryan and Jill Bartlett scored three goals apiece and East Lyme defeated Woodstock Academy 20-1 in the ECC Large Division.
Erin Fritz, Olivia DeLea, Kristen Watler and Paige Schneider added two goals apiece for the unbeaten Vikings (4-0, 3-0).
• Maria Theiler had six goals and Carley Phillips scored three as St. Bernard defeated Stonington 11-10 in the ECC Small Division.
Lydia Crawford had two goals for the Saints (3-2, 1-1). Monica Burdick led Stonington (1-2, 0-2) with four goals.
• Gabby Rose had six goals as Old Saybrook defeated RHAM of Hebron 16-5.
Molly Beck had five goals for the Rams (2-1) and Hudson Roarick had three.
• Eddie Moran scored three times and Stonington blanked St. Bernard 11-0 in the ECC Small Division.
Collin Williams and Jack Riordan had two goals apiece, Zach Poirier three assists and Mike Brandon made three saves and earned the shutout for the Bears (3-0, 2-0).
St. Bernard is 2-3, 0-2.
• Conor O'Rourke scored three goals and Norwich Free Academy defeated Fitch 7-5 in the ECC Large Division. The Wildcats are 4-1, 2-0. Ian Bond and Tim Drake scored two goals apiece for Fitch (1-5, 1-2).
• Alex Manwaring, Mike Delia and Connor Wilt scored two goals apiece and Ledyard defeated Waterford 12-6 in the ECC Small Division.
The Colonels are 3-3, 2-1. Ryan Brouwer scored twice and Casey Sullivan scored a goal to became the first 100-point scorer in program history for the Lancers (2-2, 0-1).
MOST VIEWED MEDIA
MOST DISCUSSED STORIES