East Haddam — Medalist Matti Fuller shot a 1-under-par 35 Tuesday as the Old Lyme High School golf team (164) defeated Coginchaug of Durham (168) and Valley Regional of Deep River (182) at Fox Hopyard.
Nick Berry shot 46 for Old Lyme (4-1-1).
In other matches:
• Luke Teixeira shot a team-best 49 in Fitch's 6-1 win over Wheeler at Stonington Country Club. Bryan Mattison had a 49 for the Falcons (3-9). In an ECC Small Division match, Wheeler lost to Tourtellotte 7-0. Coleton Lamb (51) had the low score for Wheeler (0-11, 0-6).
• Nick Hedden shot a 40 for Waterford, which lost to Windham 7-0 in an ECC Medium Division match at Pequot Golf Club. The Lancers fell to 5-5, 3-4. Michael McMorrow (39) was the medalist for Windham (13-0, 7-0).
• Griswold's Joey Barile fired a 2-over 38 in a 5.5-1.5 win over St. Bernard in an ECC Small Division match at Norwich Golf Course. Andrew Berardi (43) and Cole Roberts (43) also won their matches for the Wolverines (7-3, 5-1). Dylan Julian (42) won at No. 1 for St. Bernard (4-5, 3-3).
• Stonington's Chris Bovino, Peter Hoops and Sam Ognisty all shot 40 in a 6-1 win over Ledyard in an ECC Medium Division match at Elmridge Golf Course. Joel Nelson (42) also won his match for the Bears (9-3, 4-2). Mike Martin (43) won at No. 2 for Ledyard (3-3-1, 3-3-1).
• Nick Kamireddy earned medalist honors with a 38 as Norwich Free Academy earned a 6.5-.5 win over East Lyme in the ECC Large Division. Billy Wallace (42), Chad Vincent (45) and Justin Bohara (46) also won for NFA (8-2, 6-1) while Frankie Lee halved with East Lyme's Connor Callaghan. The Vikings are 8-5, 4-3.
• Woodstock Academy defeated New London 7-0 in the ECC Large Division. Anthony Neally shot the low round for the Whalers (0-9, 0-7) with a 44. Woodstock is 8-2, 6-0.
• Steve Robarge was the medalist with a 38, as Grasso Tech scored 190 to beat Norwich Tech (195) at Pequot Golf Club. Trevor Hutchinson had a 45 for the Eagles. Brendan Liebal (41) and Jeffrey Leone (45) were low scorers for the Warriors.
• Katie Strickland shot a 47 to earn medalist honors, leading Norwich Free Academy past Woodstock 197-213 at Quinnatisset Country Club in Thompson. Olivia Carignan (48), Melissa Godere (51) and Abby Postler (51) all won their matches for the Wildcats (6-3). Woodstock is 2-5.
• Montville managed three hits in a 10-2 loss to Plainfield in the ECC Small Division. Hannah Meyers, Jessica Ware and Sydney Tomaszek all had singles for the Indians (5-9, 1-6).
• Jordan Buscetto went 3-for-4 with two RBI and Marley Bocian had a single, double and two RBI in Old Lyme's 14-6 loss to Valley Regional in the Shoreline Conference. The Wildcats are 2-12, 2-12.
• Debbie Florez went 3-for-4 with three RBI while Mary Murphy had two hits and four RBI and Amanda Overton had three hits in Grasso Tech's 11-5 win over O'Brien Tech.
• Janiellee Alvarez and Sierra Lee hit back-to-back home runs in the first inning in Norwich Tech's 28-12 loss to Platt Tech. Alvarez also had a single for the Warriors (8-6).
• Four local athletes are members of the Eastern Connecticut State University men's lacrosse team that qualified for the NCAA Division III tournament. Junior Jordan Munsell (Waterford), junior Carl Skaats (Norwich Free Academy), sophomore Eric Swanson (NFA) and sophomore Merrick Smith (Williams School) have all appeared in games for the Warriors who visit Trinity today in first-round action.
• Sophomores Colton Craig (Ledyard), Jesse DeLucca (East Lyme) and Troy Powell (Ledyard) have played reserve roles for Western New England (12-4), which will visit Connecticut College at 4:30 today for an NCAA Division III first round match-up at Silfen Field.
• Waterford's Jennifer Thomas is a member of the Springfield College women's lacrosse team, which plays in the NCAA Division III tournament today at Buffalo State (3 p.m.) NFA graduate Matt Gianelli is also a member of the Springfield men's lacrosse team which plays today in the NCAA Division III tournament at Stevens Institute in Hoboken, N.J.