- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- 2015 In Review
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Waterford — Montara Tomasetti scored the game-winning goal with 27 seconds left, lifting Waterford High School past Old Lyme, 13-12, in a wild non-conference girls' lacrosse game Saturday morning.
The Lancers led 9-5 at halftime, but trailed by two with five minutes remaining before rallying. McKenzie Potter assisted on Tomasetti's goal.
Tomasetti and Allie Wiggins each finished with three goals while Maddy LeBeau and Kierstyne Smith each added two for Waterford (7-5). Potter also had a goal and goalie Brooke Battista had 15 saves.
Allie Buckley had five goals and four assists for the Wildcats (7-5). Liz Scott had three goals and Sammi Beers asdded two.
In other games:
• Kiki Ryan scored four goals and Olivia DeLea added three in East Lyme's 22-5 win over Woodstock Academy in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division.
Madison Cohen had two goals and two assists while Erin Fritz had two goals and four assists and Belle Kenny, Emily Williams and Caroline Regan each had two goals for the Vikings (11-2, 7-0).
• Meggie Carter had six goals while Maddie Lahm added three and Elizabeth Reiser had one in the Williams School's 15-10 loss to Westover.
• Calvin Bussiere had three goals and an assist to lead Bacon Academy past Berlin, 8-7. Tommy Scott had three goals and Alex Davenport added two while goalie Matthew McAllister made seven saves for the Bobcats (6-7).
• East Lyme jumped out to a 4-0 lead and went to beat Daniel Hand, 10-7. Chad Berry had three goals while Andrew Bernard and Mitchell Andres each had two and Mac Brodaski added one goal and three assists for the Vikings (11-3).
• Sean McMahon scored six goals and had an assist, leading Old Lyme past Waterford, 12-9. Graham Girty had three goals and an assist and Jimmy Fairfield-Sonn had three goals and two assists for the Wildcats. Ryan Brouwer, Shawn O'Loughlin and Jeff Gran each had two goals for the Lancers (9-5).
• Eric Brown scored three goals and Nick Kane added two in St. Bernard's 12-5 loss to Valley Regional. The Saints are 4-8.