- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- 2015 In Review
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Waterford — Ryan Brouwer finished with three goals and an assist in Waterford High School's 18-3 victory over St. Bernard in Eastern Connecticut Conference Small Division boys' lacrosse.
That made Brouwer, a junior, the second player in team history to score 100 career points, joining teammate Casey Sullivan.
Sullivan added five goals and five assists and Andrew Nassetta three goals and three assists.
Will Ryan had two goals for St. Bernard (5-8, 2-6). Waterford is 10-5, 5-2.
In other games:
• Collin Williams scored four goals and Mike Brandon made 12 saves in goal as Stonington defeated Morgan of Clinton 12-3.
Eddie Moran added three goals and two assists, Jack Riordan had two goals and Zach Poirier one goal and three assists for the Bears (10-4).
• Madison Cohen scored five goals and East Lyme finished unbeaten in the ECC Large Division with a 21-6 win over Norwich Free Academy. Kiki Ryan, Olivia DeLea and Jill Bartlett scored three goals apiece for the Vikings (13-2, 8-0).
Megan Gada, Paige Supples and Ellie Swanson scored two goals apiece for the Wildcats (6-8, 4-3).
• Liz Nolan and Chloe Taylor scored four goals apiece and Fitch defeated Bacon Academy, 13-6, in the ECC Large Division. The Falcons are 8-5, 5-2. Olivia Cormier scored three goals for Bacon (2-10-1, 1-6).
• Kerrie Gardner had four goals and an assist to lead Ledyard past Wheeler 11-7 Tuesday in the ECC Small Division. Michaela Holland, Caitlin Larmann and Amber Morth added two goals each for Ledyard (10-4, 5-2) and Colleen Rusk made 15 saves in goal. Ashley Iorio scored four goals for Wheeler (1-9-1, 0-7).
• Matti Fuller shot 40 and Travis Russell shot 41 in Old Lyme 174-177 loss to Cromwell at Black Hall. The Wildcats are 6-2-1.
• Nick Kamireddy shot an even 36 as Norwich free Academy defeated Fitch 6.5-.5 in an ECC Large Division match at Norwich Golf Course. Billy Wallace shot 41, Justin Bohara shot 42 and Chad Vincent shot 43 for the Wildcats (10-2, 8-1). Fitch is 3-10, 2-5.
• Fran Shields and Zack Kosakowski each shot 40 and East Lyme defeated New London, 7-0, in an ECC Large Division match at Old Lyme Country Club. The Vikings are 9-6, 5-4. New London 0-10, 0-8.
• Medalist Jack Ayers shot 1-over 37 and Old Saybrook defeated Montville (6-1), St. Bernard (6-1) and Plainfield (6-1) at Norwich Golf Course. The Rams are 19-0. Dylan Julien shot 40 for the Saints, who defeated Montville (5-2) and Plainfield (4.5-2.5). The Saints are 6-10. Ben Reed shot 42 for Montville (5-6).
• Olivia Carignan shot a 52 to lead NFA to a 218-223 victory over Bacon Academy at Chanticlair Golf Course. Melissa Godere and Emalee Shrewsbury also won matches for NFA (8-4). Bacon Academy's Carey Ozmun was the medalist with a 51. Woodstock Academy defeated NFA 216-218. Bacon is 2-5.
• Morgan White, Dan Kurpaska, Alex Brault, Taavi Koiv-Haus and Kevin Pan all won singles matches in straight sets in Old Lyme's 6-1 victory over Morgan of Clinton in the Shoreline Conference. Old Lyme is 16-1.
• Nick Bonnassieux, Doug Singer, Joe Grant and Stefan Jones win in singles and Fitch blanked New London, 7-0, in the ECC Large Division. The Falcons are (10-3, 6-1). New London is 4-12, 0-6.
• Woodstock Academy won first and second doubles in three sets in a 7-0 victory over Bacon Academy. At No. 1 doubles, Woodstock's Greg Meade and John Mercier topped Bacon's Zach Guarino and Dan Emory 6-4, 4-6, 6-3. At No. 2 doubles, Henry Li and Joe Carbone of Woodstock edged Joel Tasker and Marcel Wright 4-6, 6-3, 6-1. Bacon is 1-11.
• Shashwat Kala, Matt Getty and Alan Luner won singles matches and Waterford defeated Ledyard, 6-1, in the ECC Medium Division. The Lancers are 12-1, 7-0. Eric Sun won No. 1 singles for Ledyard (8-7, 5-3).
• Josh Powell and Jon Powell won tough three-set matches as Williams School edged Hamden Hall 4-3. Josh Powell, playing at No. 1 singles, won 7-5, 6-7 (4), 6-3 while Jon Powell, playing at No. 4 singles, rallied for a 3-6, 6-1, 6-0 win.
Sam Buffum and Adam Verhoeff also won singles matches for the Blues.
• Unbeaten East Lyme improved to 12-0 with a 6-1 victory over Killingly. The Vikings swept the singles with Joan Li, Sherry Yang and Melinda Yi each winning 6-0, 6-0, while Samantha Hart won at No. 4 singles and East Lyme picked up wins from the doubles teams of Liz Miller-Katherine Wu and Sagune Sakya-Caroline Costa.
• RHAM won the final doubles match on a tiebreaker to beat Waterford 4-3 in a nonleague match. Nisha Rajamohan and Lexi Moger won singles matches and Katie Hudson and Casey Corrado teamed up for a doubles win for Waterford (10-4). RHAM is 10-1.
• The Old Lyme girls varsity four boat of coxswain Elliot Mueller, Emily Powers, Arielle Sherman-Golembeski, Ari Skoufos and Elena Sloan placed first in a race Rumsey, Chase and Valley Regional.