- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
East Lyme - Morgan Lloyd's RBI single capped a three-run rally in the bottom of the eighth inning, leading East Lyme past Ledyard, 6-5, Monday in a high school softball game.
The Vikings forced extra innings with a run in the bottom of the seventh on Shae Crosby's groundout.
Emily Passman doubled and Madison Horner tripled for East Lyme (10-8). Anna Salvatore earned the win.
Fran Francischelli had a home run and Savannah Johnson doubled and scored for the Colonels (12-8).
In other games:
• Emily Vigue pitched a three-hitter and also went 3-for-4 with an RBI as Lyman Memorial rolled past Somers 12-0 in a nonleague game.
Chelsey Hussey added three hits with two runs and an RBI for the Bulldogs (13-6) while Rachel Robtoy was 2-for-4 with two runs and two RBI and Morgan Meese and Rachel Runkle each went 2-for-4.
• Jessica Ware had two hits and two RBI in Montville's 16-6 win over New London.
Hannah Meyers had one hit and two RBI while Alyssa Nissen had a hit and two RBI and Syd Tomaszek had a hit and scored two runs for the Indians (6-12).
Samantha Overton and Eiyona Gonzalez each had two hits and an RBI for the Whalers (4-15) while Manuela Duran went 2-for-2 and Nikita Perry had a hit and two RBI.
• Lauren Pascoe had a two-run home run and had four walks in Old Saybrook's 16-2 win over Portland in a Shoreline Conference game that lasted five innings.
Dana Pendleton went 3-for-4, scored three runs and added an RBI and winning pitcher Lexi Trabucchi allowed three hits and struck out seven for the Rams (9-9, 8-8).
• Bristol Eastern scored four runs in the top of the first and cruised past Bacon Academy 8-1.
Alicia White went 2-for-3 and drove in the lone run for Bacon (12-6) while Kelsey McCarthy added a pair of singles.
Bristol Eastern is 15-4.
• Cami Marion had two RBI in the first inning in Norwich Tech's 19-4 loss to Cheney Tech. The Warriors fell to 9-9.
• Steve Robarge was the medalist with a 40, leading Grasso Tech past Fishers Island, 181-189, at Hay Harbor Golf Course.
Trevor Hutchinson shot a 44 and Ryan Schaffer a 47 for the Eagles. Ben Wilkinson led Fishers Island with a 42 and Andrew Edwards had a 43.
• Justin Bohara earned medalist honors with an even par 36, as Norwich Free Academy defeated RHAM, 151-159, at Blackledge Country Club.
Frankie Lee and Nick Kamireddy each fired a 38 and Chad Vincent had a 39 for the Wildcats (12-2).
Jason Rivard led RHAM (11-3-1) with a 37.
• Griswold beat Plainfield, 6-1, and lost to Windham, 5-2, at Foster Country Club. Joe Barile led the Wolverines (10-4), shooting a match-best 36, and Aaron Colter (47) won both his matches at No. 5. Windham also defeated Plainfield, 7-0, to improve to 17-0 overall.
• Jack Ayers shot a 1-over 36 on his home course as Old Saybrook beat Portland 158-169 in a Shoreline Conference match at Fenwick Golf Course.
Matt Cummins added a 38 for the Rams whel J.T. Giegerich shot 41 and Andy Heckler 43.
• Waterford swept Woodstock, 7-0, receiving straight set singles wins from Dana Aing, Shashwat Kala, Matt Getty and Alan Lunder. The Lancers are 16-1.
• Nick Bonnassieux, Doug Singer and Stefan Jones won singles matches in Fitch's 6-0 win over Griswold in a rain-shortened match. The Falcons are 11-4 overall and the Wolverines are 4-11.
• Stonington won two titles at the Connecticut Public Schools Rowing Association State Championship Sunday at Lake Waremaug in Kent. The boys' second varsity boat won the 1,500 sprint in four minutes, 45 seconds. Team members were: coxswain Uma Mistry, Cody Arsenault, Mack O'Neill, Collin Esquirol, Eric Fast, Emerson MacDonald, Brad Turner, Kyle Hagedorn, and Colton Faria.
The girls' second varsity finished first in 5:28. Team members were: coxswain Allissa Porter, Laura Gallichio, Amelia Palmer, Katie Brandon, Megan Wilkins, Lyndsay Pratt, Lauren Hultgren, Elena Wostrel, and Emily Prue. The boys' first varsity, boys' third varsity and girls' third varsity each placed third.
• The Old Lyme boys' first varsity four boat finished first in the Henry L. Petty Memorial Cup at the same meet. The winning boat included coxswain Drew Pitman, Graham Ritchartz, Richie Gaudet, Will Sherer and Liam Corrigan.
The girls' first varsity eight boat placed second in the Grand Final. Team members were: coxswain Elliot Mueller, Emily Powers, Ari Skoufos, Arielle Sherman-Golembeski, Elena Sloan, Hannah Paynter, Sierra Sunshine, Ella Pilgrim and Meghan Astley.