Willimantic - Doug Domnarski pitched a no-hitter, striking out 13, in Ledyard-Pawcatuck's 2-0 win over Willimantic Tuesday in American Legion Zone VI action.
Ledyard-Pawcatuck scored single runs in the third and fifth innings.
In the third, Isiah Cruz singled, stole second and scored on Connor Buckley's two-out single. Cruz walked and eventually scored on Buckley's groundout in the fifth.
Troy Stefanski singled for Ledyard-Pawcatuck, which had four hits.
In other games:
• Waterford's Nolan Long also pitched a no-hitter, walking four and striking out seven in a 6-1 season-opening win over Jewett City.
Brian Gencarelli drove in two runs with a triple, Willie Rios had two hits, including an RBI double, and Jordan Hamler had a pair of singles for Waterford.
Adam Davis took the loss for Jewett City, pitching five innings.
• Joey Brachas and Tre Gonzalez combined on a three-hit shutout, leading Montville past New London, 1-0. Brachas pitched the first five innings to earn the win, allowing two hits while striking out six and walking one, and Gonzalez went the last two, finishing with five strikeouts, in Montville's opener.
Nick Kinder's RBI single in the fourth inning accounted for the game's only run and Tyler Contillo had two hits. New London is 1-1.
• Evan August tossed a three-hitter with 12 strikeouts and four walks, as Ledyard-Pawcatuck beat Willimantic, 7-1, in a Junior Legion opener for both teams.
Anthony Viteritto, Clayton Levis and Duane Shea each had two singles and Jordan Kowalski had a single and double.
• A pair of Old Saybrook High School athletes are fifth after the first day of competition in the CIAC decathlon and heptathlon state championships at Willow Brook Park.
The Rams' Greg Daley is fifth in the decathlon after five events with 2,942 points while Brianna Hanley is fifth after four events in the heptathlon with 2,174 points.
Both competitions will be finished today.
Amity's David Karabinos (3,302 points) and Hillhouse's Brianna Sims (2,311) lead their respective events.
Daley's top finish Tuesday was in the shot put, where he finished fourth with a throw of 38 feet, 7½ inches. Hanley was fifth in the shot put (32-2¾) while teammate Katherine Beezer was third in the 100-meter hurdles (16.4 seconds) and Griswold's Abigale Slonski was fifth in the high jump (4-10¼). Beezer is 13th overall (1,974) and Slonski 14th (1,970).
The girls' 2,000-meter steeplechase was also held with East Lyme teammates Eva Christensen (7:48.50) and Noelene Power (7:49.07) finishing ninth and 10th, respectively.
SEC 16-18 Babe Ruth
• Conner Moylan had threew hits and drove in a pair of runs to lead Tri-County to a 4-3 victory over Mystic on Monday night.