Montville - Montville won a pair of American Legion baseball Zone VI games Sunday, beating Ledyard-Pawcatuck 6-1 and New London 7-5.
Joey Brachas (2-1) allowed three hits over six innings for the win against Ledyard-Pawcatuck, striking out six with one walk. Nick Kinder, Max Hart and Andrew Fratoni had two hits each for Montville (5-1) and Kinder and Hart each drove in two runs.
Against New London, Corey Wilcox had three hits and drove in two runs. Casey Zalagens had two hits and two RBI and Mike McKeon had two hits for Montville. Jeff Robbins (win) and Mike McKeon (save) combined to pitch a seven-hitter. Al Jordan Johnson had two hits for New London (2-3).
• Niantic beat Tri-Town 11-2. Chase Livingston had two hits and drove in two runs, Jordan Bartlett had two hits and scored twice for Niantic.
• The New Bedford Bay Sox beat the Mystic Schooners 7-0 in a New England Collegiate Baseball League game at Fitch. Former Fitch standout Anthony Turgeon had two hits for the Schooners (1-7).
• The Schooners lost to the Holyoke Blue Sox Saturday night, 10-4. Spencer Hayes had a two-run single and Eric Yavarone followed with a two-run double in the eighth for Mystic.
SEC 16-18 Babe Ruth
• Waterford beat Mystic 4-1. Matt McNichol doubled and scored a run and Colin Harrington was the winning pitcher for Waterford (2-1).
• Stan Kesilewski hit a two-run double in the first inning and pitched a three-hitter as Montville beat Ledyard-Pawcatuck 2-1. Kesilewski struck out five and walked three. Lucas Van Hausen also doubled for Montville and Nate Williams had two hits for Ledyard-Pawcatuck.
Ledyard-Pawcatuck beat Montville 4-3 Saturday. Matt McElwee was the winning pitcher, allowing five hits with eight strikeouts. Kavan Jakuba scored two runs for Ledyard-Pawcatuck and Buddy Dewaine had two hits for Montville.
• William Trask singled, tripled and scored twice to to help lead Norwich to a 7-3 win over Jewett City. Trevon Holland doubled and drove in two runs for Norwich and Brandon Russo had two hits and scored twice for Jewett City.