New London - Pete Aldrich pitched a three-hitter to lead New London to a 1-0 win over Ledyard-Pawcatuck Tuesday night in an American Legion baseball Zone VI game.
Aldrich (1-0) struck out seven and walked one. The game's only run came in the bottom of the fourth. Drew Doyle and Dave Hall singled to put runners on first and third. And when Hall stole second, an errant throw allowed Doyle to score for New London (5-3). Doug Domnarski pitched a four-hitter with five strikeouts and two walks for Ledyard-Pawcatuck.
In other games:
• Al Jordan Johnson pitched a six-hitter Monday, leading New London to a 7-2 win over Norwich. Johnson struck out five and walked one. Dave Hall and Jon Mewha each had two hits and a RBI for New London and Matt Lynch had two hits and scored a run for Norwich.
• Shawn Nadeau had three hits and scored twice to lead New London to a 7-4 win over Willimantic Monday night. Pete Aldrich had two hits and Tristan Hurley pitched six strong innings for the win.
• Brett Harrison and Danry Vasquez had four hits each as the Connecticut Tigers evening their record at 1-1 with an 11-4 win over the Lowell Spinners in a New York-Penn. League game. Harrison finished a triple short of the cycle and drove in four runs and Vasquez drove in three for Connecticut, which broke the game open with six runs in the top of the sixth inning.
The Tigers host the Spinners in their home opener tonight at Dodd Stadium in Norwich. The game is scheduled to begin at 7:05.
Schooners fall to 1-9
• The Laconia Muskrats jumped out to a 5-2 lead and went on to beat the Mystic Schooners 5-4 in a New England Collegiate Baseball League game. Jeremy Matos had two hits, scored twice and drove in two runs and Eric Yavarone doubled twice for Mystic (1-9).
SEC 16-18 Babe Ruth
• Saxon Herbert singled, doubled and drove in a run to help lead Waterford to a 6-3 win over East Lyme. Matt McNichol was the winning pitcher for Waterford (3-1) and Slater Gregory had two hits for East Lyme.
• Tri-County used an 18-hit attack to beat Tri-County II, 17-2. Liam Christ (2-0) was the winning pitcher.
• David Mewha had three hits and was the winning pitcher as New London beat Ledyard-Pawcatuck 7-5. Mewha allowed four hits and struck out five over six innings. Matt McElwee and Ryan Francis each singled and doubled for Ledyard-Pawcatuck.
• Mitch Tetreault pitched a four-hitter, leading Jewett City to a 4-3 win over Moosup. Brody Adams had two hits for Jewett City.
• Mike Aldrich went 3-for-4 and drove in two runs Monday night, leading Johnny Rockets to a 7-0 win over Esh's in the Eastern Connecticut Major League. Aaron Zrenda had two hits, Ryan Brahm drove in two runs and Ben Farina scored twice for Johnny Rockets (5-2). Chris Wojick (3-0) was the winner, allowing three hits over five innings with four strikeouts and one walk.
District 10 LL (11-12)
• Mia Brennan had four hits and scored three runs as she led Waterford South to an 18-2 win over Colchester. Baylee Brackett had three hits and drove in three runs, Brittany Sylvia had two hits, two RBI and scored three times, Ashley Goldstein had two hits and drove in two runs and Jordan Kovacs doubled and scored twice for Waterford. Kelly Ann Kessler singled, tripled and drove in two runs for Colchester.
• Taylor Nute, Jordan Nute and Megan Aldrich combined to strike out 10 batters while pitching Salem-Bozrah to a 12-1 win over Montville Monday. Jordan Nute had two doubles and drove in four runs.