- 2016 Elections
- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Mystic - Jayden Delaporta pitched a two-hitter as Mystic captured the District 10 Little League (11-12) softball championship on Saturday with an 11-1 victory over North Stonington-Pawcatuck.
Mystic came out of the losers' bracket to beat NS-P twice in the championship round (Mystic won 8-5 on Thursday) and advance to the Connecticut Section II tournament beginning Friday. The tournament is being hosted by East Lyme and Waterford South.
Natalie Labasi led the Mystic offense with three hits, including a triple.
District 10 LL (9-10)
• Lyme-Old Lyme defeated Pawcatuck 15-7 in the losers' bracket as Mya Johnson and Sarah Hayward scored three runs apiece. Gabby Dellacono had a single and double for Pawcatuck.
• Mystic defeated New London 11-3 in the losers' bracket as Casey Flax pitched a complete game with seven strikeouts. Flax also had two hits along with Allison Georgetti and Abby Rogers. Spencer Roman had two hits and scored twice for New London
• Salem-Bozrah defeated New London 10-0 in the winners' bracket on Friday behind the one-hit pitching of Isabelle Sawicki. Tori Smith and Ashley Lawton added doubles for Salem-Bozrah.
• Pawcatuck defeated Montville 14-6 in the losers' bracket on Friday. Gabby Dellacono had three hits and Katie Sanford two for for Pawcatuck and Sanford, the winning pitcher, allowed one hit and struck out 11.
District 10 LL (9-10)
• Montville defeated New London 5-0 in the winners' bracket as Robbie Delacruz (10 strikeouts) and Colby Miner combined to pitch a one-hitter. Tyler Velasquez doubled home three runs and Bryce Sullivan doubled home two for Montville while Steve Cantres had the lone New London hit.
• Waterford South defeated Mystic 4-3 in the winners' bracket. Desmond Greene was the winning pitcher, Avery Albanaese had two hits and scored twice, and Sonny Pezzello and Payton Sutman each had two hits with a double.
District 6 Babe Ruth (15)
• Griffin Archambault doubled twice to help lead Waterford to 21-4 win over Pawcatuck. Jake Shulda had two hits for Pawcatuck.
• Kiki White had two hits, leading New London to a 5-3 win over Montville.
• Pieter Khoury had two hits and drove in two runs to lead Groton to a 7-4 win over Mystic. Issac Ervin drove in two runs for Groton.
District 6 Babe Ruth (14)
• Thomas Sutera and Connor Dulin combined to pitch a three-hitter as Waterford beat New London 11-0. The game ended after five innings on a mercy rule. Mike Gianakos and Declan Waldon each had a double for Waterford and Leo Clinton doubled for New London.
• Tri-County beat East Lyme 18-1 in five innings. Sam Gagnon pitched the first three innings for Tri-County and combined with Roger Moyer to pitch an eight-hitter.
District 6 Babe Ruth (13)
• Adam Petchark pitched a one-hitter as Waterford beat East Lyme 20-1. The game ended after five innings on a mercy rule. Ben Pickowitz doubled and tripled and Chase Speller had a doubled for Waterford.
• Jake Slater pitched a three-hitter to lead Tri-County to a 7-2 win over Mystic. Jake McAneney, Brady Reardon and Ray Bucior had two hits each and Robbie Jacobson doubled for Tri-County. Dan Clark had a double for Mystic.