- 2016 Elections
- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Waterford - Mystic completed a perfect run through pool play of the Connecticut Section II Little League (11-12) softball tournament on Tuesday with a 13-0 victory over Columbia-SFC.
Mystic, 5-0, will play Middletown for Section II title on Thursday (5:30 p.m.) at Veterans' Field in East Lyme. Middletown finished 4-1, suffering its only loss at the hands of Mystic on Friday, 9-5.
Susanna Mewha pitched a three-hitter with no walks and seven strikeouts for the District 10 champs while Natalie Labasi (triple and double), Jayden Delaporta and Mewha each had two hits and scored twice while Deleporta drove in four runs.
District 10 JL (13-14)
• Colchester defeated New London 10-3 in the losers' bracket on Monday as Mikayla Labbe pitched a one-hitter, Cecilia Dell had two hits and four RBI, Taylor Duperry had two hits and Julie Eifler scored three runs. Olivia Satti had the lone hit for New London.
• East Lyme defeated Ledyard 5-1 in the losers' bracket Monday as Megan Lanier pitched a four-hitter with 13 strikeouts and also had two hits and an RBI. Kristen Foster and Cara Bradley also had two hits each for East Lyme.
District 10 LL (11-12)
• Waterford South advanced to the championship round with a 15-6 victory over Mystic. Dylan Bosco had three hits, including two home runs, while Mike Burrows, Glen Faber, Alec Donahue and Max Mazzella also homered. Conner McCrea hit a home run for Mystic.
• Montville defeated Waterford North 9-4 in the losers' bracket on Monday as winning pitcher Doug DelaCruz had nine strikeouts and Seamus Barry homered twice and drove in four runs. Mike LaForte doubled for Waterford North.
• Groton defeated Colchester 10-5 in the losers' bracket on Monday as Taylor Wolfgang homered twice and Chris Beatty doubled. Paul Chase, Zach Zbin and Zach Simone had two hits apiece for Colchester.
District 10 LL (10-11)
• Waterford South rallied from a 6-3 deficit with four runs in the sixth inning to defeat Mystic 7-6 in the winners' bracket. Nick Porazzi went 3-for-3 with a home run and a walk and reliever Nate Landon earned the win for Waterford. Jason Kikoyne had a single and home run for Mystic.
• Lyme-Old Lyme scored 10 runs in the sixth inning to rally past Groton 12-5 in the losers' bracket. Vaughn Allard had a three-run double in that winning while Alex Riggs had three hits, including a double. Mike Thompson had a two-run double for Groton.
• Hunter Thornton pitcher a three-hitter and had two hits in Lyme-Old Lyme's 12-0 win over New London in the losers' bracket on Monday night and Griffin Powers hit a three-run homer.
• Groton outslugged Colchester 15-8 in the losers' bracket on Monday night as Matt Bautista and Jordan Lowell had three hits apiece and Michale Thompson had a double and triple. Zach Henkin had three hits, including a solo homer, for Colchester.