Local roundup: Hamilton scores 100th goal as Williams beats PCD in soccer
East Providence, R.I. — Senior Emily Hamilton scored three goals, including the 100th of her career, and added two assists, as Williams School beat Providence Country Day, 6-0, Monday in high school girls' soccer action.
Cassidy Taylor also had three goals and two assists for the Blues who improved to 2-1-3 overall.
Goalie Marion Philippe posted her third straight shutout.
In other games:
• Sarah Thomas had two goals and Amanda Thomas added three assists as Stonington beat Ledyard, 5-0, in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Medium Division. Danielle Jacobs, Christina Connor and Ella Rath scored for the Bears (8-1, 4-0). Austin Graber had eight saves for the Colonels (3-4, 2-2) and Laurel Holubecki had four saves.
• Shiania Homiski and Cassidy Marshall both scored for NFA in its 2-0 win over Griswold. Savannah Rivera had an assist for NFA (3-1-2) and Katherine Beasley had two saves.
• Ali Regan and Mackenzie Nagy both scored as St. Bernard tied Fitch, 2-2. Alex Santiago had 18 saves for the Saints (4-1-3). Montana Woods and Beth Wallace scored for the Falcons (2-2-2).
• Hanna Vetrovec and Jess Muller each scored two goals in Wheeler's 4-1 win over Parish Hill. Goalie Jess Morgan and Kylie Garcia combined to make two saves for the Lions (3-4-1).
• Amber Danner scored twice for Killingly as it beat New London, 6-2. Freshman Mia Santana scored twice for New London (1-6) and Felicia Timpano added six saves.
• Tonia Johnson had 22 saves for Grasso Tech in its 3-0 loss to Wilcox Tech of Meriden in the CSC. Grasso is 2-5.
• Jabez Crook had two goals and center mid-fielder George Logan had an exceptional match as Old Lyme beat Morgan of Clinton, 6-0, in the Shoreline Conference. Paul Burdick, Travis Russell, Rob Poirier and Alex Clippinger all scored for the Wildcats (2-2-1).
• Guy Shapiro scored two goals and Matheus Sousa and Peter Berndt each had one, leading St. Thomas More past St. Andrew's, 4-1. Goalie Steven Greenslade had seven saves for the Chancellors (2-2-1).
• Joe Bodzewski scored nine minutes into the match as Coast Guard beat Johnson & Wales, 1-0, its fourth straight shutout win. John Tarzian had his first assist of the season for the Bears (7-3) and Richie Burns added five saves. He hasn't allowed a goal in 357 consecutive minutes.
• Kiki Ryan had 10 digs and Devin Perez added six kills and six blocks as East Lyme beat NFA, 25-10, 25-17, 25-14, in an ECC Large match. Kayla Fobian had 12 kills and four aces for East Lyme (8-1, 4-0). Brianne Brennan had 10 kills for the Wildcats (4-4, 1-3) and Olivia Lane added five kills.
• Bailey Spellman had 15 assists, five kills and six aces in Norwich Tech's 25-15, 25-18, 26-24 sweep of Capital Prep of Hartford in the Constitution State Conference. Morgan Deschamps had five aces and three digs for the Warriors (8-1, 7-0).
• Mary Murphy had 12 aces and four assists and Elizabeth Santana added 10 assists as Grasso Tech edged Cheney Tech of Manchester 25-21, 25-22, 23-25, 25-27, 15-13 in the CSC. Mayra Vitorino had seven kills and a block for Grasso Tech (4-3) and Alexis Cormier had six kills.
• Jocelyn Ware had three digs and an ace, leading Montville past New London, 15-25, 19-25, 22-25, in the ECC Small Division. Gabby Iaconiello added three aces for Montville (4-4, 3-1). Arlene Martinez had three kills and two aces, Lexus Childs-Harris had three kills and one dig, and Berenith Ortiz added six assists and two aces for the Whalers (1-5, 1-3).
• Woodstock beat Fitch, 25-17, 25-21 and 25-13, in an ECC Large Division match. Sam Geddes led the Centaurs (6-2, 4-1) with 13 kills and eight aces. Michalena Pinto had nine digs while Nikki Schoolcraft added five kills and nine service points and Ashley Adams had nine kills and 10 service points for the Falcons (6-2, 2-2).
• Plainfield defeated Ledyard 25-21, 34-32, 26-28, 25-22 in an ECC Medium match. Ari Fustini had 18 digs and five aces for Ledyard (5-4, 3-1) and Michelle Klinikowski added 14 kills.
H.S. field hockey
• Maura Arnold scored the game's only goal in Waterford's 1-0 win over Fitch in the ECC. Nicole McCormic had an assist and goalie Becca Gregoire had one save for the Lancers (4-2, 3-1). Goalie Emma Nolan had 11 saves for the Falcons (2-5, 1-3).
MOST VIEWED MEDIA
MOST DISCUSSED STORIES