Stonington - Libby Morrison's goal 10 minutes, 46 seconds into Thursday afternoon's field hockey game set Stonington High School's all-time scoring record, giving Morrison 43.
Morrison also added two assists as the Bears bounced back from Wednesday's loss to East Lyme with a 6-0 victory over Norwich Free Academy in the Eastern Connecticut Conference. Stonington lost to East Lyme 2-1.
On Thursday, the Bears' Molly Crowley scored just 1:17 into the game to get the team (5-3, 5-1) off to a quick start. Crowley and Courtney Scherer each scored two goals and Steph Stearns had one.
Morrison, a junior, passed the record of 42 career goals set by Stonington hall of famer Kathryn Tabor during the 1995 season.
"She's a very aggressive player," Stonington coach Jenna Tucchio said. "Not all the goals are scored just standing there and whacking it in; there's a lot of work and a lot of effort going into what she does.
"She's very instinctive because of (her playing) lacrosse. She's always looking to get that first touch. She sees the goal very well. But I would say her biggest attribute is how aggressive she is."
NFA is 3-3, 2-3.
• Jeff Tryon scored two goals and assisted on a third as unbeaten Montville defeated Windham 5-1 in the ECC Medium Division. Matt Staehle added a goal and an assist for the Indians (8-0, 6-0), while Nick Stricker and Connor Leeman also scored goals.
• Anthony Saccone scored three goals as Ledyard cruised to an 8-0 win over Lyman Memorial in the ECC Medium Division. Ben Bruciati and Jake Skilbred each added a goal and an assist for the Colonels (6-2, 4-1), while Zach Higgins, Michael Hughes and Ben Woodruff also scored goals.
• Zac Goldberg scored both goals in Stonington's 2-0 ECC Medium Division win over New London. Dan Riordan and Nick Herman earned assists for the Bears (3-6, 2-3) and goalie Steven Zelepos made eight saves. New London is 0-8, 0-6.
• Michael Spanos scored just two minutes into the game and Waterford scored all of its goals in the first 21 minutes en route to a 4-0 win over Wheeler. Yianni Longinidis had three assists for the Lancers (7-2) while Jayse Tyropolis, Joe Castelpoggi and Brett Pias added goals. Wheeler is 5-3.
• Frank Norosky scored a pair of goals as Fitch rolled to a 5-0 victory over Griswold. Eric Powers, Christian Urena and Matt Pastor also scored for the Falcons (2-5-1).
• Gonsalo Milan scored two goals and Nico Francone added three assists to lead East Lyme past Tourtellotte 7-0. The Vikings are 3-3-2.
• Cody Poirier and Mike Depolito scored goals in NFA's 2-0 victory over St. Bernard. Poirier's goal came in the 25th minute for the Wildcats (2-0) while Depolito scored with only 45 seconds left. The Saints are 0-8-1.
• Forman overcame a 1-0 halftime deficit to beat Williams 2-1 on Wednesday. Adam Collins scored for the Blues (2-7) and goalie Aaron Hosking made nine saves.
• Lexi Sibley scored a pair of first-half goals as Old Lyme rolled to a 3-0 victory over North Branford in the Shoreline Conference. Hannah Behringer and Sloane Sweitzer assisted on the two goals for the Wildcats (5-1-1) while Hannah O'Brien set up Gabby Bernacatola for the final goal in the second half.
• Senior Keriann Mason had 20 kills and 21 digs as Coast Guard Academy extended its home winning streak to 24 with a thrilling 3-2 win over Roger Williams. Game scores were 25-19, 25-17, 21-25, 19-25 and 15-9.
It was "Dig Pink" night for the Bears in honor of those who have survived cancer, and CGA (12-8) wore special pink uniforms and dedicated the match to former Coast Guard volleyball player, Lieutenant Katie Johann Ryan ('03), who passed away on Sept. 22 after her battle with cancer.
Catherine Walker had 11 kills, Kelsey DePorto added nine kills and five blocks, Samantha Marmolejo had 20 digs and three aces, Emily Gilland added 17 digs and three aces and Karen Matic had a match-high 44 assists.
• Norwich Tech improved to 10-1 with a 25-5, 25-11 and 25-9 victory over Whitney Tech. Bailey Spellman led the Warriors with 14 assists and seven aces while Morgan Deschamps had eight aces.
• Abbott Tech rolled to a 25-18, 25-21 and 25-13 victory over Grasso Tech. Mayra Vitorino had nine digs, four aces and two kills for the Eagles (6-5) while Ellie Santana added 10 assists, three aces and three digs.
• Plainfield defeated New London 25-10, 25-23 and 25-12 as Arlene Martinez led the Whalers (1-6) with two aces, three kills and one block and Lexus Childs-Harris added two kills and two blocks.
College field hockey
• Maggie Rakovic scored a pair of goals while Maggie Schroeder had a goal and an assist to lead Connecticut College to a 4-0 victory over Eastern Connecticut State University. Shaelin Gottlick also scored for the Camels, who outshot the Warriors 18-5.