East Lyme - Waterford High School goalie Elliott Diana made five saves in a 3-0 shutout of East Lyme in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division boys' soccer game Monday which was played for the ALS Cup.
Ian Stygar, Aaron Schwartz and Brett Pias scored for Waterford (9-2, 4-2), which led 2-0 at halftime. Pias' goal in the second half came on a penalty kick.
Tarun Prashanth made nine saves for East Lyme (4-6-2, 1-5-1).
The proceeds from the game went to benefit local families affected by amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
In other games:
• Jeff Tryon scored a pair of goals and Zach Foley added a pair of assists as unbeaten Montville cruised to a 4-0 victory over Stonington in the ECC Medium Division. Josh Handler and Connor Leeman also scored for the Indians (11-0, 7-0), who are ranked second in the state Class M-S poll, while Andrew Fratoni and Matt Staehle had assists. Stonington is 3-9, 2-5.
• Matt Harrington's goal in the 95th minute gave Woodstock Academy a 1-0 double overtime victory over Fitch in the ECC Large Division. Adam Jacey made 11 saves in goal for the Falcons (3-7-1, 0-5-1).
• Nathan Behr scored an unassisted goal in the 20th minute and goalie Dante Stewart made 13 saves to lead Grasso Tech past Norwich Tech 1-0. Evan LePage had 12 saves for the Warriors.
• Ian Violette's second-half goal, assisted by John Amarello, gave St. Bernard a 1-0 victory over Tourtellotte in the ECC Small Division. Goalie Kevin Kersey stopped eight shots to earn the shutout for the Saints (2-9-1, 2-4-1).
• Jabez Crook and George Logan each had two goals while Nate Peduzzi, Eric Behringer and Rob Poirier each had one goal for Old Lyme in a 7-0 shutout of Westbrook in the Shoreline Conference. Travis Russell had two assists and goalie Spencer Saunders had two saves for the Wildcats (6-4-1, 6-4-1).
• Ledyard improved to 10-2 overall, 6-1 in the ECC Medium Division with a 4-0 win over Windham. Alex Paterson had two goals while Mike Hughes and Steven Servedio each added one for the Colonels.
• Tonia Johnson had 17 saves in Grasso Tech's 5-0 loss to Platt Tech, which received two goals apiece from Kerri Spankey and Erin Daly. The Eagles are 2-8 overall.
• Ellie Santana had seven aces and Mayra Vitorino four kills in Grasso Tech's 25-15, 25-16 and 25-23 win over Ellis Tech in the Constitution State Conference East. The Eagles are 7-7, 4-3.
• Lindsey Knepshield's 15 digs, 10 aces and 18 service points helped Old Lyme defeat Haddam-Killingworth 25-18, 25-21 and 25-21 in the Shoreline Conference. Amanda Burke added nine kills and 13 digs while Paige Palenski had 13 assists.
• Lexus Childs-Harris had three aces, six kills and one dig in New London's 3-0 loss to Killingly. Game scores were 25-17, 25-8 and 25-22. Shikiyah Brown had one ace, five kills and two blocks and Arlene Martinez added two aces and seven kills for the Whalers (2-8, 1-4).
• Bailey Spellman had 20 assists, four kills, two aces and a block in Norwich Tech's 3-1 win over Windham Tech in the Constitution State Conference. Game scores were 25-20, 17-25, 27-25 and 25-16. The Warriors clinched the East Division title and the No. 2 seed in the conference tournament.
Morgan Deschamps added 17 digs, seven aces and two kills while Kianna Relliford and Cami Marion each had six kills for the Warriors (12-2, 11-1).
• Kevin Shea of Great Neck Country Club in Waterford and Casey Roan of Shennecossett Golf Course both lost in the round of 32 in the Connecticut Section PGA 22nd Match Play Championship on Monday at Clinton Country Club.
Tim Gavronski of Shuttle Meadow Country Club in Kensington beat Shea 1-up in 19 holes, while Greg Farland of Quaboag CC in Monson, Mass., defeated Roan 1-up.
• The Pequot Women's Golf Association recently held its closing day event, a nine-hole ABCD scramble and lunch meeting. Karen Schlosser, Jane Callahan and Virginia Birdsall took first with 34 while Holly Rood, Linda Hatch, Pat McIlwain and Roberta Walinsky finished second with a 39. Shirley McFadden was closest to the pin on the fifth hole.
PWGA is now accepting new members for the 2013 season. Call Pro Joe Brucas (860-535-1898) or Karen Schlosser (203-715-5092) for more information.