• New London's Trinity Missionary Baptist Church, at 60 Blackhall St, will hold a prayer vigil at 8 a.m. Saturday.
• A vigil is scheduled for 6 p.m. Saturday at Plainfield Town Hall.
• The Beth Jacob Synagogue, Norwich Clergy Association and the offices of the Norwich mayor and City Council, will hold a community prayer vigil at 6:30 p.m. Saturday at the synagogue, at 400 New London Turnpike in Norwich.
• The town of Montville will hold a vigil in the Montville High School auditorium at 6:30 p.m. Sunday. Speakers will include Mayor Ronald McDaniel, schools Superintendent Pamela Aubin and others. Battery-operated candles or glow sticks are allowed, but please, no real candles.
• The town of Old Saybrook will hold a candlelight vigil from 6 to 7 p.m. Sunday on the town green. Please bring your own candles. The vigil will be followed by a community meeting for parents at 7:15 p.m. at the Old Saybrook Senior High School regarding school safety, returning to school on Monday, and suggestions on how to process this tragedy with our children.
SaxoConnect Ad Well
Following the deadly shooting at a Newtown elementary school, should metal detectors be required in all schools?
This holiday season, The Day and theday.com will print a list of the many ways to support local nonprofit agencies in their efforts to makes the lives of the residents of southeastern Connecticut a little better. Visit www.theday.com/waystogive to learn more.