- Make A Difference
- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Colchester - Ledyard took Bacon Academy, the No. 4 team in the state poll, to overtime but lost the nonleague girls' basketball game 68-63 Friday night.
Bacon, the defending Class L champions, won its 42nd straight home game. The Bobcats (4-0) went 8-for-9 from the free throw line in overtime. Taylor McLaughlin scored 25 points and had 11 rebounds to lead Bacon.
Kylie Fustini had 22 points and 14 rebounds, Michelle Klinikowski had 15 points and Olivia DelGrosso scored 14 for Ledyard (5-1).
In other games:
• Morgan Griffin scored 19 points and had 10 rebounds, leading Plainfield to a 58-47 win over St. Bernard in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Small Division game. St. Bernard coach Mike Nystrom, in his 30th season, was honored by the school prior to the game. Kaitlyn Berkel had 17 points and eight rebounds and Casey Sullivan scored 15 with 10 rebounds for St. Bernard (3-2, 2-1).
• Alyssa Velles scored 20 points to lead NFA to a 51-31 win over Stonington. Olivia Lane scored 10 for NFA (5-2). Margot Calmar had 17 rebounds and Amanda Roy scored 10 for Stonington (2-4).
• East Lyme led 31-14 at halftime and went on to beat Windham 60-32 in a nonleague game. Allison Stoddard and Jenna Schumacher scored 11 points each for East Lyme (4-1).
• Bridget Matsas scored 17 points to lead Woodstock Academy to a 41-33 win over Waterford in a nonleague game. Megan Spellman led Waterford (2-5) with 15 points.
• Casey Kelley scored 23 points to lead Lyman Memorial to a 76-47 win over Wheeler in an ECC Small Division game. Summer Cipriani led Wheeler (2-4, 1-2) with 10 points.
• Megan Orbann had 11 points for East Hampton as it beat Old Lyme, 37-32, in the Shoreline Conference. Hannah Behringer scored 13 for the Wildcats (1-5) and Katie Quaratella added eight points.
• Shelby Lusker had 21 points and eight rebounds and Olivia Bachaus added 17 points and 10 rebounds as Fishers Island beat O'Brien Tech of Ansonia, 59-39. Ellie McCarthy had nine points and 15 rebounds for Fishers Island (2-2) and Arianna Reyes-Suarez added 12 rebounds.