- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Madison — Jenna Schumacher had 12 points and 10 rebounds and Allison Stoddard scored 21 points as East Lyme beat Bristol Eastern, 44-41, in the Hand Holiday Tournament girls' basketball title game Friday.
Becca McGlone had six points and a game-high six offensive rebounds for East Lyme (6-1).
Larissa Smith scored 19 for Bristol Eastern.
Schumacher had 18 points, 10 rebounds and eight assists Thursday as East Lyme beat Lyman Hall of Wallingford, 47-44, in the opening round. Stoddard had 10 points, 10 rebounds and four steals and McGlone had seven points and 12 rebounds for the Vikings.
In other games:
• Kylie Fustini had 12 points and 10 rebounds as Ledyard beat East Catholic of Manchester, 48-34, in the Mercy Holiday Tournament consolation game.
Olivia DelGrosso had 18 points for Ledyard (6-2) and Arianna Fustini added six assists.
• Summer Cipriani had 18 points as Wheeler defeated Norwich Tech, 50-21. MacKenzie Brayman had eight points for the Wheeler (3-4). Saige Laquitara had six points and six rebounds for the Warriors (1-5) and Elanna Sanon added four points and five rebounds.
• Falecia Cabral scored 10 points, had 11 rebounds and six steals as Stonington beat Chariho 62-47 in the consolation game of the Westerly Holiday Tournament. Amanda Roy had 15 points, Taty LaFrance-Boyce scored 14 and had six steals, Mackensie Crowley scored 11 and Margot Calmar had 15 rebounds for Stonington (3-5).
• Alyssa Velles had 20 points for Norwich Free Academy as it beat New Britain, 49-23, in the Manchester Holiday Tournament consolation game. Olivia Marks had five points and played well defensively for NFA (6-3). Faith Ford had seven points for the Golden Hurricanes.
• Ashley Malloy had 10 points for Berlin in its 44-22 win over Fitch at the Berlin Holiday Tournament. Brittany Murphy had seven points and Lexus Foster added six points for Fitch (3-5), which will play Guilford in Monday's consolation game at noon.
• Donny Craig scored 13 points to help lead Waterford to a 52-50 win over Old Lyme in a nonleague game.
Jordan Hamler scored 12 and David Willox had 10 points for Waterford (3-2). Matti Fuller and Slater Gregory scored 12 each for Old Lyme (4-1).
• Nick Clemons scored 24 to lead Montville past Hartford Sports & Medical, 70-65. Greg Benjamin had 12 points for Montville (2-3) and Dom Walmsley added 11 points. Tony Hunt had 20 points for the Tigers (1-4).
• Joe Sekator scored 18 as South Kingstown (R.I.) beat Fitch, 64-45, in the Mariner Holiday Classic championship game. Mario Graham had 20 points for Fitch (2-4) and Mark Evans had 12 points and was named to the all-tournament team.
Evans had 23 points for Fitch as it beat Narragansett (R.I.) late Thursday, 65-60, in overtime. Kendrick Voss made a 3-pointer at the end of regulation to force overtime and finished with 15 points.
• Branford outscored East Lyme 16-7 in the third quarter, including a 12-0 run, and went on to a 53-43 win in the Branford Holiday tournament. Branford (4-2) led 29-27 at halftime. Wade McNamara led East Lyme (0-6) with 16 points.
• Konnor Rogers scored 13 as Exeter-West Greenwich (R.I.) beat Stonington Thursday, 64-60, at the Westerly Holiday Tournament. J.P. Connolly scored 12 for the Scarlet Knights (5-2). Jackson Donahue scored 20 for the Bears (2-3).
• NFA-St. Bernard-Bacon Academy lost to North Branford 4-1. Isaac Bassham had a third-period goal for NFA (1-4), Denzel Dickerson assisted and Jonah Beauton made 18 saves.