- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Election 2014
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Northfield, Vt. — Will Einstein and Adam Patel scored goals 57 seconds apart in the first period to help Connecticut College beat UMass-Dartmouth, 3-2, in the Northfield Holiday consolation men's hockey game Saturday.
Patel's goal came with Conn on the power play at the 14:14 mark. Mike Sinsigalli and Keith Veronesi had assists.
J.C. Cangelosi's unassisted goal handed the Camels a 3-1 lead in the second period.
Goalie Tom Conlin made 20 saves for the Camels (3-6-1)
• Greg Marshall and Devonte Weems each scored 13 points in Coast Guard Academy's 62-50 loss to Springfield College in the New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference. David Anderson came off the bench to contribute nine points and a game-high 10 rebounds for the Bears (1-9, 0-1).
• Matt Vadas had 21 points and seven rebounds in Connecticut College's 77-67 loss to No. 22 Amherst in the New England Small Collegiate Athletic Conference. Mason Lopez came off the bench to score 13 points for the Camels (5-7, 0-2), who trailed 42-30 at halftime.
• Freshman Meghan Fornaro celebrated a homecoming of sorts as she scored 19 points, but it wasn't enough as WPI beat Coast Guard 60-44 in the NEWMAC. Fornaro, from nearby Charlton, Mass., had her 19 points in the first half, hitting 7-for-11 from the floor, including 3 of 5 from behind the arc. Victoria Sutherland had 10 points and Karli Collins had a game-high 13 rebounds. The Bears (4-6, 2-3) shot 30 percent overall.
• Conn College couldn't overcome 23 turnovers in a 50-48 loss to No. 7 Amherst (12-0, 2-0) in the NESCAC. Carlee Smith and Tara Gabelman led the Camels (5-8, 0-2) with 10 points apiece and Jenna Lovett had six points and a game-high eight rebounds.
• Bowdoin College scored one goal in each period on the way to a 3-0 shutout of Conn College (4-5-1, 1-4-1) in the NESCAC. Conn goalie Kelsie Fralick made 22 saves.