- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- 2015 In Review
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
New Haven - Connecticut College swept its swimming meet with Southern Connecticut State University Sunday, winning the women's meet 152-139 and the men's meet 160-102.
The women's meet wasn't decided until the final event, when Conn's team of Rachel Wilson, Jessica Schanzer, Mackenzie Lilly and Julia Pielock won the 200-yard freestyle relay in a time of 1:41.07.
Esther Mehesz, Emma Rotner and Pielock won two events each for the Camels (5-1). Mehesz won the 1000 freestyle (10:40.42) and 200 breaststroke (2:30.73), Rotner took the 200 freestyle (1:56.95) and 50 freestyle (5:15.06) and Pielock won the 50 freestyle (24.49) and 100 freestyle (53.63).
Sam Gill won three events to lead the Conn men (4-2) to victory. Gill won the 50 freestyle (21.31), 100 freestyle (47.42) and the 100 butterfly (50.87). Loring Bowen was also a doluble winner for the Camels, taking the 200 butterfly (1:56.93) and the 200 backstroke (1:56.30).
College men's basketball
• Gabe Levin scored 14 points and had 10 rebounds, leading St. Thomas More to a 95-73 win over Vermont Academy. Marquise Moore and Tom McDermott had 15 points each for T-More.
H.S. girls' basketball
• Hannah Peabody had 11 points and Shelby Lusker added 10 points for Fishers Island in a 34-27 loss to the Bacon Academy freshmen team Saturday. Olivia Backhaus had 13 rebounds for Fishers Island (3-3).
• Marion Philippe had six points and nine rebounds in the Williams School's 43-31 loss Saturday to Falmouth Academy. Camisha Moore had 10 points and two steals for the Blues (2-5).
H.S. boys' basketball
• Williams School jumped out to a 26-13 lead at halftime on the way to a 53-23 win Saturday over Falmouth Academy. Drew Watson had 13 points and Rudy Harvey added 11 while Nick Smith finished with 15 rebounds for Williams.
• Caius Mergy set school records in the 200 freestyle (1:55.40) and 100 breaststroke (1:03.19) Saturday while winning both events for Williams School, which beat Chase Collegiate 108-74 and lost to Canterbury School 126-77. Mergy joined Josh Goldstein, Adam Collins and Sam Buffum on the winning 200 medley relay.
Collins took first in the 50 freestyle (24.36) and 100 freestyle (54.43). Marissa Lynch, Samantha Linhares, Grace Linhares and Claudia Mergy won the 400 freestyle relay.
• The Connecticut College men's lacrosse team is ranked 14th in the nation in the Lacrosse Magazine Div. III preseason poll. Senior John Lyons was selected as a Face-Off Magazine pre-season All-American at the midfield position. Lyons was honored as a 2012 United States Intercollegiate Lacrosse Association honorable mention All-American last year.