- 2016 Elections
- 2016 Lunch Debates
- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
East Lyme - Jenna Schumacher had 17 points, six rebounds and three steals Tuesday as the East Lyme High School girls' basketball team downed Norwich Free Academy 49-32 in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division game.
Sydney Swanson had 10 points and 11 rebounds for East Lyme (14-2, 6-2) and Ali Stoddard added 11 points, eight rebounds and five steals. Also, Carynn Bartolucci played well defensively.
Olivia Marks had nine points for NFA (11-5, 5-3).
In other games:
• Casey Sullivan had six 3-pointers and 34 points as St. Bernard edged Griswold 54-53 in the ECC Small. The teams combined for 14 3-pointers. Kaitlyn Berkel and Ali Regan each had eight points for St. Bernard (9-7, 6-1). Kaitlyn Niles had five 3-pointers and 19 points for Griswold and Kirsten Drobiak added 14 points.
• Stonington jumped out to a 32-12 halftime lead on the way to a 59-35 win over Windham in the ECC Medium. Margot Calmar had 19 points and 13 rebounds while Amanda Roy, Falecia Cabral and Mackensie Crowley, all seniors, each had 11 points for the Bears (9-7, 5-3) on senior night.
• Bacon Academy clinched a tie for the ECC Medium Division with a 43-30 win over New London. Taylor McLaughlin had 21 points and 17 rebounds for the Bobcats (14-1, 8-0). Lexus Childs-Harris had 11 points for New London (9-7, 3-5).
• Bridget Matsas had 11 points as Woodstock Academy defeated Fitch 37-34 in the ECC Large. Liz Rondeau had 10 points for Woodstock. Brittany Murphy had 13 points for the Falcons (4-13, 0-8) and Lexis Foster added seven points and eight rebounds.
• Sara Pacheco had 11 points while Julia Gannon and Lauren Goldstein each had 10 in Waterford's 62-33 win over Killingly in the ECC Medium. Waterford is 4-12, 4-4.
• McKenzie Brayman and Kayla Collins each scored nine points to lead Wheeler past Tourtellotte 36-32 in the ECC Small. Wheeler improved to 5-10, 2-5.
• Sloan Sweitzer had 19 points and five rebounds in Old Lyme's 38-36 win over Westbrook in the Shoreline Conference. Catie Quaratella had seven points and Hannah O'Brien added nine rebounds for the Wildcats (3-12, 3-12).