- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Election 2014
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Scores updated at the end of each quarter. Winner
Ledyard - Michelle Klinikowski and Kylie Fustini had 16 points each as the Ledyard High School girls' basketball team captured its first Eastern Connecticut Conference title since 1992 with a 63-22 victory Tuesday over Windham.
Ledyard (16-3, 9-1) won the ECC Medium Division. The Colonels were forced to wait to earn the title after a Medium Division loss last week to Montville.
"It was awesome," Ledyard coach Adam Baber said of the championship. "I think (losing) fired us up a little bit, but it was going to be awesome no matter when it happened."
Ari Fustini added 10 assists for Ledyard.
In other games:
• Margot Calmar finished with 21 points and 14 rebounds as Stonington topped Waterford 72-48 in the ECC Medium Division. Taty LaFrance Boyce added 13 points for Stonington (12-7, 7-3) and Falecia Cabral had nine points, six rebounds and nine assists. Vanessa Kobyluck led Waterford with 17 points and Kate Haff had 14. Waterford, which led 17-9 after the first quarter, is 4-14, 4-6.
• Lexis Foster had 12 points, seven rebounds and six steals in Fitch's 37-25 win over New London in the ECC Large. Brittany Murphy and Caroline Entwhistle each had 10 points for the Falcons (5-14, 1-9). Lexus Childs-Harris led New London (9-9, 3-7) with 15 points.
• Casey Sullivan had 27 points and 11 rebounds as St. Bernard downed Lyman Memorial 54-45 in the ECC Small. Brittney Walenta had 12 points, eight rebounds and five assists for St. Bernard (10-8, 7-2). Chelsey Hussey had 12 points for Lyman (9-8, 4-4).
• Meghan Autencio had 21 points to lead Montville past Killingly 55-22 in the ECC Medium. Cassidy Bundy and Jamie Hill each scored 16 for the Indians (15-4, 8-2). Kayla Zmayefski had 12 points for Killingly (2-17, 0-10).
• Alyssa Velles scored 10 points and Olivia Ouellet had nine in Norwich Free Academy's 32-22 win over Woodstock in the ECC Large. NFA is 13-5, 7-3.