- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- 2015 In Review
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Westbrook - Tamia DeBarros had 13 points and 15 rebounds as New London High School finished its regular season with a 43-37 girls' basketball victory over Westbrook on Wednesday night.
Deanna McCarvell scored 17 for the Whalers (10-10) and Lexus Childs Harris added seven points. New London, the 10th seed, will visit No. 7 Stonington in the first round of the Eastern Connecticut Conference tournament tonight at 7.
Jordan Shamas had 12 points for the White Knights (5-15).
In other games:
• Taylor McLaughlin had 16 points, seven rebounds and five assists as Bacon Academy trounced Montville, 49-21. McLaughlin became the program's third all-time leading scorer in the win (1,133). Carlee Putnam scored 15 for the Bobcats (17-1). Jamie Hill had seven points for the Indians (15-5).
• Catha Metcalf scored 15 as Wheeler (R.I.) beat Williams, 39-29. Marion Philippe had 20 points, 16 rebounds and nine blocks for the Blues (5-11) and Maggie Hillegass added nine rebounds and four steals.
• Mario Graham had 21 points and Da'Vante Anderson scored 18 as Fitch beat St. Bernard, 82-58. Izzy Davila had 13 points for Fitch (5-13) and Riley Pyzalski 10 points. Paul Pepas had 12 points for the Saints (9-10) and Remy Bonser scored 11.
• George Logan (20) and Slater Gregory combined to score 39 points as Old Lyme beat Plainville 68-57 in a nonleague game. Matti Fuller scored 13 for Old Lyme (12-5).
• Keith Porter had 30 points and 16 rebounds to lead New London past Griswold, 51-47. Seth Lake scored seven for New London (13-6). A.J. Allard had 22 points for the Wolverines.
• Donny Craig had 18 points and five steals as he led Waterford beat Montville 58-55 in the ECC Medium Division finale for both teams. Schneider Jean-Pierre had 14 points and Danny Martin scored 10 for Waterford (11-8, 5-5). Dominic Walmsley had 15 points and Buddy Dewaine and Greg Benjamin scored 13 each for Montville (5-13, 1-9).
• J'quan Monroe had 17 points as Grasso Tech defeated Norwich Tech, 59-40, in the Constitution State Conference East Division. Rob Feliciano scored 15 for Grasso. Tyriece Burke had six points for Norwich Tech.