- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
New London - The Norwich Free Academy-St. Bernard-Bacon hockey team scored once in each period and beat Simsbury 3-1 Saturday night at Connecticut College.
Eric Brown, Isaac Bassham and Danny Terracciano scored goals, Jonah Beauton made 22 saves and Denzel Dickerson and Ben Thompson had assists for NFA-St. Bernard-Bacon (8-9).
In another game:
• Housatonic-NW Regional scored twice in the third period Friday night to pull away for a 4-1 victory over Fitch-East Lyme-Ledyard. Keegan Twomey scored and Dan Malzahn assisted for Fitch-East Lyme-Ledyard (0-15).
• Connar Chicoski scored 25 points as Bacon Academy beat Montville 83-34. Buddy Dewaine led Montville (5-15) with 15 points.
• Ian Converse scored 24 points to lead Woodstock to a 71-48 win over Stonington. Jackson Donahue scored 15 and Tim Ferraro had nine points for Stonington (10-9).
• Amity, which finished fourth in last year's State Open, edged East Lyme 95-88 in a nonconference meet. The Vikings (13-2) did have a pool record-setting performance by their 200-yard freestyle relay team of Adam Opsahl, Eric Stirtan, Clayton Otter and Sam Magnan, which won in 1:32.37, breaking the old mark of 1:33.49 set by Branford in 2009. East Lyme's 200 medley relay team of Zachary Kosakowski, Otter, Austin Toback and Stritan won in 1:45.92, Adam Opsahl won the 100 butterfly (54.41), Billy Dumais won the 100 backstroke (59.61) and Dylan Luce captured the diving competition.
• Norwich Free Academy went undefeated in an Eastern Connecticut Conference tri-meet, defeating Griswold 9-0 in epee and Griswold and Ledyard, both by 6-3 scores, in foil. Ledyard beat Griswold 6-3 in foil.
• Ben Frascarelli scored 14 out of 15 as Waterford beat St. Bernard, 5-4, in the foil. St. Bernard's Justin Cavitt scored 13. Peter Yackovetsky had a perfect 15 in the epee to lead St. Bernard to a 7-2 win over Waterford. Phil Rood had 12 points for Waterford. Zack Kuvalanka scored 14 in the foil for St. Bernard in its 5-4 loss to Bacon Academy.
• NFA had a perfect day during an ECC tri-meet, defeating Griswold 7-2 in epee and Griswold (8-1) and Ledyard (6-3) in foil. Ledyard beat Griswold 7-2 in foil.
• Rachel Rossier scored 13 in the foil to lead St. Bernard past Waterford, 5-4. Bella Richard recorded 15 in the foil. Cassie Meehan had 15 in the epee as St. Bernard beat Waterford, 7-2. Cassie Sargent had 11 for Waterford. Katelyn Mazurkiewicz had 15 in the foil for St. Bernard, however it lost to Bacon, 5-4.