- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Election 2014
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Scores updated at the end of each quarter. Winner
Old Saybrook - Slater Gregory's 3-pointer with 10 seconds left in regulation tied the game, and the Old Lyme High School boys' basketball team went on to beat Old Saybrook in overtime, 60-56, in a Shoreline Conference game on Monday night.
Andrew Tyrol had 17 points for Old Lyme (15-5) and George Logan scored 13. Also, Matti Fuller had 11 points.
Mike Barrett had 18 points for the Rams (7-11) and Sam Henry scored 16.
In other games:
• Jackson Donahue had 28 points as Stonington trounced St. Bernard, 78-53. Chris Bovino added 12 for Stonington (11-9). Paul Pepas had 11 points for the Saints (9-11) and Kevin Kersey scored 10.
The two teams will meet again on Thursday in the opening round of the Eastern Connecticut Conference tournament.
• Hartford University outscored Norwich Tech 18-1 in the third quarter en route to a 53-20 victory in the Constitution State Conference. Tyra Wolchesky had 10 points, four rebounds and three steals for the Warriors, who finish 2-18.
• Briana Padewski had 17 points as Lyman Memorial used a second-half surge to beat Old Lyme, 66-37. Lyman outscored the Wildcats in the second half, 44-20. Casey Kelley and Alyssa Tacchi both scored 13 for Lyman (12-8). Sloane Sweitzer scored 11 for Old Lyme (5-15).
• Giovaugn Jones had 20 points to pace Mass Bay CC to its 65-53 win over Avery Point. Mass Bay is 21-5. Sam Turner had 15 points and Philkwan Tate scored 13 for the Pointers.
• Mitchell College's Joshua Ford, a junior forward from Jersey City, N.J., was named New England Collegiate Conference Player of the Week for the fourth time this season. Ford averaged 27.7 points, 11 rebound, 5.7 assists and 2.7 steals during a 2-1 week for the Mariners while shooting 78.3 percent from the floor.
Mitchell, the No. 4 seed, plays host to No. 5 Becker tonight at 7 in the opening round of the NECC tournament.
• UConn freshman guard Omar Calhoun was named Big East Rookie of the Week. The 6-foot-5 Calhoun scored 31 points and had 12 rebounds during a 1-1 week for the Huskies.
He had 15 points and made 3-of-5 3-pointers in a 66-58 upset of then-No. 6 Syracuse, then had 16 points in a 70-61 loss to Villanova, going 9-for-9 from the foul line. It was the second time he won the weekly award this season.
• Kim Bouten scored 28 points, including four 3-pointers, as Avery Point defeated Massasoit Community College 76-61. Haley Cooper added 20 for the Pointers (10-6), 15 in the second half, while Jackie Riera had 11 points and Mikayla Wells 10.