- Living Their Faith
- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Montville - Natalie Bowens won the 100-meter dash, long jump and triple jump as the Montville High School girls' track and field team opened its season Wednesday with a tri-meet victory over New London and Stonington.
The Indians defeated New London 111-34 and Stonington 84-62. Stonington beat New London 93-40.
Bowens won the 100 in 13.1 seconds, while covering 15 feet, 1 inch in the long jump and 33-10 in the triple jump.
Sonja Campbell added wins in the shot put (33-9) and discus (92-7) for Montville while Abigail McAdams won the 800 (2:41), Kiah Strickland the javelin (78-9) and both teamed with Caitlin Turney and Taylor Lavallie to win the 4x400 relay in 4:40.
Sophie Moore won the 100 hurdles and 300 hurdles for Stonington while Stephanie Stearns won the 1,600 and teamed with Molly Crowley, Antonia Reynolds and Selena Perry to win the 4x800.
Mercedes Santos won the 200 and high jump for New London.
In other meets:
• Gianna Folz, Eva Christensen and Kaitlyn Kuvalanka won two events each as East Lyme beat Lyman 105-43 and Killingly 100-39.
Folz won the 100 hurdles and the triple jump, Christensen won the 800 and 1,600 and Kuvalanka won the shot put and javelin.
• Savonnah Artis won the 100 in 14 seconds and Emma Biltchiffe took the high jump (4-4) in Waterford's 109-40 loss to Bacon Academy.
• Dustin Plourde won the 1,600 (5:02.1) and teamed with Kyle Liang, Niceforo Reyes and Kevin Linoric to win the 4x800 (9:23.8) as NFA beat Ledyard (77-73) and St. Bernard (145-3).
Joe Tranan won the 400 (53.5), Ryan Way won the 800 (2:22.9) and Taylor Davidson won the pole vault (12-0) for NFA.
Joe Carter won the 100 (11.2), 200 (22.5), long jump (20-1) and teamed with Steven Servidio, Alex Patterson and Alex Hintz Valdez to win the 4x100 for Ledyard (43.1). Also, Anthony Saccone won the 110 hurdles (16.7) and triple jump (35-9).
• East Lyme defeated Killingly 91-59 and Lyman Memorial 114-34. Kevin Foster (discus, javelin), Dan Gage (110 hurdles, 300 hurdles) and Tim Myers (400, 3,200) were double winners for East Lyme.
• Chris Jones and Jordan Jones won two events each and were part of two winning relay teams in Waterford's 108-42 loss to Bacon Academy. Chris Jones won the 100 dash (11.4 seconds) and 200 (24.6) and Jordan Jones captured the 100 hurdles (17.5) and triple jump (39-7) for the Lancers. They also teamed with Edwin Flores and Robin Smith to win the 4x100 relay (47.4) and Ellis Massiah and Tony Jenne to win the 4x400 relay (4:01). Julio Gil-Martinez added a win in the 400 (55.1) for Waterford.
• Jesse Joseph won the 1,600 (5:01.1) and Kevin Fitzgerald won the 3,200 (11:24.2), pacing Montville past New London 88-61 and Stonington 93-45. Jordane Virgo (110 hurdles, triple jump) and Nakosi Hunter (100) were other individual winners for the Indians. Nico Ramos won the high jump and long jump for New London, while Cory Candelet won the 800 and javelin for Stonington.
• Tyler Latham took first in the 110 hurdles (15.2), 300 hurdles (42.5) and javelin (173-4), leading Fitch to wins over Tourtellotte 138-11 and Windham 105-45. Lexus Gordon won the long jump (19-6.75) and triple jump (41-1.5) while Mustapha Noibi (100), Lake Wyld (800), Randall Rissing (200) and Marquis Guess (41-1) were other individual winners for the Falcons.