H.S. roundup: Tretter pitches East Lyme past Glastonbury
Norwich - Cole Tretter pitched a complete-game three-hitter Friday to lead the East Lyme High School baseball team to a 6-0 win over Glastonbury at Dodd Stadium.
Josh Beaulieu had two hits and Connor Elliott and Dean Beebe had two RBI apiece for East Lyme (2-0), while Anthony Carambot had an RBI and two runs scored.
In other games:
• Erik Nicholson pitched a three-hitter to lead Old Lyme to a 5-1 win over Westbrook in a Shoreline Conference game. Mike Mann singled, homered and drove in two runs, Danny Chapman had three hits and Nicholson struck out six with no walks for Old Lyme (2-0).
• Dan MacDonald scored the game-winning run in the bottom of the seventh on an infield out to give Norwich Tech a 3-2 win over Griswold. MacDonald walked, hustled all the way to third on a sacrifice bunt and scored the game-winner moments later. Steve Seiczkowski and Devin Gleason had two hits apiece for the Warriors (1-1) and Eddie Santiago was the winning pitcher.
• Miles Laureano and Chance Gendron drove in two runs each as Norwich Free Academy beat Ledyard 7-2 on Thursday. Devin Robbins pitched a six-hitter for NFA (1-0). Jordan Kowalski was 3-for-4 with a double for Ledyard (1-1).
• Summer Cipriani threw a no-hitter with 12 strikeouts as Wheeler beat Parish Hill 18-0 in five innings. Raven Houck homered twice and drove in six runs, Kaite Morgan was 4-for-4 with a double, triple and four runs scored and Julie Wanstall doubled twice and drove in two runs for Wheeler (1-1).
• Emily Bigelow went 3-for-3, drove in five runs and stole three bases as Montville beat New London 16-0. Alyssa Mattison pitched a two-hitter for the Indians (1-1) while Hannah Meyers added a single, triple and three runs and Caitlin Perkins had hits and scored twice.
• NFA scored three runs in the top of the sixth to take the lead and added five more in the top of the seventh, pulling away for a 13-7 win over Plainfield. Emily DeVito, Melissa Castillo and Kaitlyn Kelly had doubles for NFA (2-0).
• Waterford opened its season with a 4-2 loss to North Kingstown (R.I.). Jodi Weiss went 3-for-3 for the Lancers, including a solo home run, while pitchers Tori VanCleave and Kazi Walker combined to strike out seven.
• Tucker Murphy and Brett Pias led a doubles sweep for Waterford as the Lancers topped St. Bernard 5-2. James Maryeski teamed with Sean Ryan and Trey Zaharek teamed with Matthew Hausman for the other doubles wins, while Matt Getty and Willie Dong won singles matches for the Lancers (2-0). Nicholas Zuczek and Chris Renaud won singles matches for St. Bernard (0-2).
• East Lyme beat Stonington 7-0. Suryansh Patel, Nick Hotary and Benjamin Biondi won their matches in straight sets, losing just four games between them, for East Lyme (2-0).
• Fitch beat Ledyard 6-1. Jesse Moroyoqui, Srini Srirangam and Jacob Kowalski won singles matches for Fitch (1-1) and Zach Higgins won at No. 1 singles for Ledyard (1-1).
• New London swept doubles play, but lost to Killingly 4-3. The teams of Seth Lake-Collin Sawyer, Bahaa Hoda-Sam Hoda and C.J. Parker-Xavier Veliz won for New London (0-2).
• Ledyard won three of the four singles matches and held on to beat Fitch 4-3. Mandy Wong, Olivia Lyon and Jordan Biermein won their matches for Ledyard (1-1) and Alyssa Denno of Fitch (0-2) won at No. 1 singles.
• Waterford swept singles play en route to a 5-2 win over Woodstock Academy. Nisha Rajamohan, Lauren Rahr, Lexi Moger and Nora Sullivan all won in straight sets for Waterford (2-0).
• Killingly beat New London 6-1. Lillian James won her singles match for New London (0-2).
• Allie Buckley had two goals and three assists and Sloane Sweitzer two goals and two assists for Old Lyme in a 13-8 loss to Branford.
Old Lyme was tied 7-7 at the half. Fiona Barrett added two goals for the Wildcats (1-1).
• Xavier beat NFA 3-0 in the season opener for both teams. Kyle Young had 12 assists, three aces and six digs and Colby Britt had eight kills and five blocks for NFA, which lost 25-14, 25-19, 25-6.
MOST VIEWED MEDIA
MOST DISCUSSED STORIES