- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Election 2014
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
East Lyme - Pete Aldrich pitched a complete-game one-hitter Tuesday to lift the Fitch High School baseball team to a 4-1 win over East Lyme in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division.
Aldrich struck out six and walked two for the Falcons (2-1, 1-0), while Tristan Hurley was 2-for-4 with two runs and an RBI.
Ryan Nickerson had the only hit for East Lyme (2-2, 0-1) and Jordan Bartlett pitched a complete game in the loss, striking out eight and walking two.
In other games:
• Winning pitcher Joseph Brachas went five scoreless innings and Brandon Haas had a single, two triples and three RBI to lead Montville past Stonington 10-3 in the ECC Medium.
Buddy Dewaine had two hits and two RBI and Jordan Volpe had two singles for the Indians (3-0, 1-0). Jay Neuwenhuis had a three-run double for Stonington (2-1, 0-1).
• New London scored five times in the sixth and once in the seventh to come back and beat Woodstock Academy 9-8 in the ECC Large Division. Gabriel Diaz hit a sacrifice fly in the bottom of the seventh to score Damon LaFrance with the winning run. Diaz was 2-for-4 with three RBI and LaFrance had two hits and three runs scored for the Whalers (3-0, 1-0). Josh Vincent got the win in relief, striking out the final two hitters in the top of the seventh with runners on second and third. The Whalers, who made seven errors, trailed 8-3 entering the sixth.
• Anthony Viteritto had four hits and three RBI and Kyle Perry added four hits and five RBI in Ledyard's 14-1 win over Killingly in the ECC Medium. Winning pitcher Matt McElwee, who allowed three hits and an unearned run in six innings, had three hits and an RBI for Ledyard (2-1, 1-0).
• Anthony Malchiodi went 3-for-4, stole three bases, scored three runs and drove in a run as St. Bernard rolled to a 16-2 win over Tourtellotte in the ECC Small Division. Willie Rios Jr., the winning pitcher, also had a triple, three RBI and scored twice for the Saints (1-2, 1-0) while Aaron Michaud was 2-for-2 with a double, two stolen bases, two runs and three RBI and Kevin Kersey drove in three runs.
• Bryan Cespedes pitched a complete game with 14 strikeouts to lift Grasso Tech past Windham Tech 2-1 in the Constitution State Conference East. Cespedes allowed one hit and one unearned run, while also going 1-for-3 with an RBI. Grasso is 1-1 overall, 1-0 in the league.