- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Election 2014
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Scores updated at the end of each quarter. Winner
Killingly - Natalie Bowens placed first in the long jump (16 feet, 5 inches), triple jump (35-9) and 100 meters (13.1 seconds) to pace the Montville High School girls' track team past Killingly, 107-40 in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Medium Division.
Kiah Strickland (100 hurdles, 300 hurdles) and Sonja Campbell (discus, shot put) also were double-winners for the Indians (3-0, 1-0), who are off to a hot start despite the loss of top sprinter Shatajah Wattely - the State Open 100 champion - to graduation.
In other meets:
• Chenoa Sebastian paced Ledyard's 102-46 victory over Windham in the ECC Medium Division, winning the 100 hurdles, 100, 200 and running a leg of the Colonels' winning 4x100 relay. Lauren Scahill (800, 1,600) and Kylie Fustini (shot put, discus) each added wins in two individual events for Ledyard (2-1, 1-0).
• Chelsea Stevens (100, 200) and Eva Christensen (1,600, 3,200) won two individual events each in East Lyme's 108-42 victory over Fitch in the ECC Large Division.
Hannah Finton won the 400 and the long jump for Fitch (2-1, 0-1). East Lyme is 3-0, 1-0.
• Savonnah Artis won the 100 (13.6), triple jump (30-6) and also joined Mary Koller, Olivia Bueno and Christine Bueno on the winning 4x100 relay team for Waterford in a 111-38 loss to Plainfield in the ECC Medium. Sara-Caitrin Mandelberg took first in the 3,200 (12:39) for Waterford (0-2, 0-1).
• Kenna McWilliams, Sophie Moore, Steph Stearns and Christina Connor won two events each for Stonington as it beat St. Bernard 106-37 in an ECC Small Division meet. McWilliams won the 100 and 400, Moore won the 100 hurdles and 300 hurdles, Stearns won the 800 and 1,600 and Connor won the discus and shot put for Stonington (3-1, 1-0), which also beat Grasso Tech 117-12. St. Bernard (1-3, 0-1) beat Grasso 58-46.
• Montville beat Killingly 99-51 in an ECC Medium Division meet.
Jordane Virgo, Aaron Sheldon, Nakosi Hunter, Joe Rainville, Conner Lewis, Brandon Robertson, Justin Longton, Caleb Sheldon and Anthony Wilkens each won an event for Montville (3-0, 1-0).
• Chris Jones won the 200 (23.1) and 100 (11.4) for Waterford in a 70-68 loss to Plainfield in the ECC Medium. Jordan Jones (100 hurdles), Julio Gill (400), James Keth (300 hurdles), Dan Clark (3,200) and Dan Haggan (triple jump) also won events for the Lancers (0-2, 0-1).
• Stonington picked up a pair of wins, beating St. Bernard 91-47 in an ECC Small Division meet and Grasso Tech 84-46.
Harry Calmar, Ethan Murphy, Cameron Lyon, Matt Prue, Jack Hartman, Ryan Crowley and Ken Brown won events for Stonington (2-2, 1-0).
Jon Cabral won the long jump, high jump and 800 for St. Bernard (1-3, 0-1), which beat Grasso Tech 65-64. James Rose also won two events for St. Bernard. John Woodard of Grasso won the triple jump.